• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rosenthal: In reality, the Panthers have a roster full of No. 4 receivers

top dawg

Is this rhetorical? 

No :) the pessimism and stupidity of the huddle reaches no bounds.  Usually I am an ass to you, not today or possibly in the future but I get the cautiousness. On this board, it's like the Panthers died or something but anyway the huddle is going to huddle.  Hopefully no more injuries for the rest of the preseason for all teams!  A saints fan sounding logical, man this huddle is slipping........;)

thats what i don't get, how in the Hell is a saints fan more optimitsic about our team than our own fans

Earlier tonight I went to some fan boards of our NFCS rivals to see what they had to say. Honestly, most posters were more rational than quite a few we had on here. o_O  Most of the posts were wishing KB well with a speedy & good recovery. And mentioning that they would rather the Panthers were at full strength when they play us. A few even said that we remain the team to beat with Cam & our defense as it is. KB's injury hasn't made our rivals cocky so it should not make us want to jump off a cliff. 

I expect the division to be better as a whole this year, but that doesn't change the way the Panthers win. The Panthers win with a dominant defense and a ball control offense. Let Cam make plays down the stretch of close games. Does it get harder to make plays without Kelvin Benjamin? Of course. But if the defense is dominant, the Panthers will continue to be competitive.

Yeah, the division will be better this year.  BBut I still think we are the class of the division even without KB. I'm just not going to throw the towel in like some people on here have already done 

If our receiving corps is slightly worse than last year, is that really a good thing? 

fug no! It's not! 

The reality of the situation does not call for me as a hardcore Panthers fan to believe in unicorns, rainbows, candy and flowers as it pertains to our passing game this year. I prefer reality to fantasy when it comes to expectations, unlike rank and file Saints fan.

No :) the pessimism and stupidity of the huddle reaches no bounds.  Usually I am an ass to you, not today or possibly in the future but I get the cautiousness. On this board, it's like the Panthers died or something but anyway the huddle is going to huddle.  Hopefully no more injuries for the rest of the preseason for all teams!  A saints fan sounding logical, man this huddle is slipping........;)

I'm always logical! Sometimes your fan card just doesn't like to admit it!

Injuries suck. Especially this time of year. I don't care who they play for or how big or small of a player they are. Injuries just suck.

I don't get it either..  Our division sucks. Yeah, it hurts to lose KB, but we don't thrive off our passing game anyways.  We need to do what we do best (run the ball and play solid  D)  and we can still win the division 

j stew has to stay healthy but i am confident with whats behind him

I understand all the doom and gloom given Benjamin was going to be a beast. But if you think that Funchess can be the number 1 like Benjamin was last year and perform even close to Benjamin, we are still better off than last year. Ginn is a big addition and now will be even more vital. And regardless of what he did elsewhere, he and Cam have chemistry. Brown and Boykin are both capable of being more than a 4 and Bryd and Brensin will fight for a spot as well.  And Cotchery will be the number 3 or number 2 in third down situations.

And before you crap all over Shula remember that he and his staff have done a pretty good job with the crap they have been dealt. With Cam healthy, the O line upgraded, and the running backs improved the offense is still going to be better than last year. Sure losing Benjamiin will hurt but Shula and staff will take this in stride just like they did when Smitty  was cut and Gross retired last year. and all the injuries happened to the O line. Its good they are so good teaching fundamentals and maximizing the potential of the players they are given.

This might be a blessing in disguise. With Benjamin gone for the year, maybe Shula will finally get fired. If Ron doesn't grow balls and do what's necessary for this offense, then he can kiss his ass good bye too. Shula has a terrible track record and he's freaking killing us.

Everything but Ron...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117327-rosenthal-in-reality-the-panthers-have-a-roster-full-of-no-4-receivers/?do=findComment&comment=3440407

Changing O-cord's isnt always a bad thing. Balitmore did it mid season and got a superbowl a few years ago. When did we have a legit O-cord? I remember I hated henning and davidson just as much. I dont rememeber much from musgrave either. Have we ever had a good O-cord?

I will probably get shot for this...but Chud wasn't bad. I would even say he was good (not the best, not great) coordinator...

About time someone speaks the truth

Philly UDFA with a limited ceiling and seems to be injury prone. Ginn on his 4th team in 4 years, bust in Miami, 5th string in SF and 4th string with the Cardinals. Cotchery LMAO old man nobody wanted. Funchess a rookie project who seem to get nothing but bad reviews from Michigan fans and is coming along slower than first thought. And to top it off that O-line

Cam is going to have to something beyond special for this offense to function. But by the mid season people are going to be blaming Cam like always, comparing him with Luck whose 4th string WR is better than our 1st string, Its getting old

And when the draft comes alone next year this is going to be an excuse for not drafting a WR SMH 

Archived