• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rosenthal: In reality, the Panthers have a roster full of No. 4 receivers

top dawg

I think that's a bit much. Although, I think it's questionable if you have a legit #2, I think you definitely have 3 viable #3s.

I was discussing it with @RelaxImaPro earlier.

Funchess will simply have to be the default #1. He's the most talented guy on the roster. I know, he's a rookie, and not all guys come out guns blazing like last year, but he's going to have to learn by fire. 

I like Brown as a #3, slot guy. Shifty with some speed. Just don't think he's polished enough to be considered a #1. He'll be #2. I think he'll do decent. Certainly no worse than last year.

Ginn is no more than a #3 receiver. One might even say#4. He's proven over and over throughout his career that any time he's asked to be more than that, he flops. 

Olsen will be the #1 targeted guy this season and that's not a horrible thing. 

Overall, I think the receiving corp is slightly below what it was last year. Only because you don't have that legit #1 to go up and get a ball when you need it. I think the receiving depth is better than last year though. 

This isnt a season killer guys. Perk up a bit. You're making me sad.

Hidden Content

Why is this guy sounding better 99% of the huddle right now?  

thats what i don't get, how in the Hell is a saints fan more optimitsic about our team than our own fans

I don't get it either..  Our division sucks. Yeah, it hurts to lose KB, but we don't thrive off our passing game anyways.  We need to do what we do best (run the ball and play solid  D)  and we can still win the division 

I hate it now, but if we have a putrid offense and Shula is fired I will be ok with that. I believe we have to get Shula out. It is outrageous that he still our OC.

I agree, but this team always seems to go on a winning streak at the end of seasons which will save his job once again.

I don't care how anyone looks at it even though KB is out for the season and it how much it sucks, this WR core is better than it was last year and I know it ain't much but if we picked up Reggie wayne that's still better if we didn't pick up anyone. You gotta be optimistic, this team is a family and will play like one

I don't get it either..  Our division sucks. Yeah, it hurts to lose KB, but we don't thrive off our passing game anyways.  We need to do what we do best (run the ball and play solid  D)  and we can still win the division 

I expect the division to be better as a whole this year, but that doesn't change the way the Panthers win. The Panthers win with a dominant defense and a ball control offense. Let Cam make plays down the stretch of close games. Does it get harder to make plays without Kelvin Benjamin? Of course. But if the defense is dominant, the Panthers will continue to be competitive.

Archived