• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about DT now?

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

I feel good about it. I think we have improved throughout the preseason and with the additions we made I think we improved even more. They may not be veterens but they have some talent and potential. Now I don't think the DT problem is any worse than the Nickle corner or Safety problem. Hopefully the DE's, LB's, and starting Corners will be able to help cover up the weaknesses.

You don't like Lewis? He's def one dimensional but is more effective when used to generate a pass rush. What's your beef with Lewis?

You answered your own question. He's one dimensional and only "more effective" when in pass rush, not good or great just "more effective". That is a discription of our starting DT whose contract is in the top 10 on the team. Put him back in rotation and cut his contract by 75% and I would thrilled that he was on the team.

Irivin is on IR..

I know but I was referring to not only this year but how the position looks for the future. You can tell that Hurney went out and tried to get players that not only could contribute this season but has potiental to be something more down the road. Irvin was the one draft pick that I was the most concerned about. I thought he could end up being the next DT or 3rd round bust but he continued to improve throughout the preseason and in the Steelers game I thought he really showed why the Panthers choose to draft him in the 3rd round. Lenord, Harris and Irvin all three seem to be able to be 3 down DT which is a nice change to the current starters on the team.

Archived