• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a good practice today

Jeremy Igo

How long have you been a panther fan?  Its been like that for years and years .. Our best season/years came with Delhomme (which I hate to admit) just lobbing bombs with Moose and Steve Smith.  I use to cringe when our defense had to close out games year 1-2 with Ron .. now I feel that way with our offense.

Hence why I said it. Our offense (throughout the years) seems like they always hold us back from taking that next step. Against the 49ers, we failed many times to score in the redzone, which is ultimately why we lost (that and rigged refs). Hell, even just last year if it wasn't for our defense playing a historic game, we probably would have lost to the Cards again in the Wildcard because our offense was straight sloppy for hte majority of the game. Against the Seahawks, if our offense could have put up some more points and capitlized, we would have had been in control in the 4th. You get my drift. But I get it, we are a defensive team that relies heavily on them.

Anyway, It's only been one preseason game, I'm sure our offense will be fine once regular season hits and we actually start gameplanning.

There is a lot of optimism floating around this offseason, and honestly, I am buying into it as well, a little.

But this fuging offense is tempering the hell out of that.  

From week 7 to 17, we scored more than 21 points twice....against rivals with awful defenses......

I'm not sure we'll see significant improvement as long as we have Shula at OC.  Sad, but true.

I'm not sure we'll see significant improvement as long as we have Shula at OC.  Sad, but true.

yeah, I'm not one of the relentless Shula bashers on here, but you're right. We've seen it too many times to expect otherwise. Failure to adjust. Predictable conservative play calling and formations. Every year we're told that the playbook will open up come the regular season and it never happens. 

Thought I read somewhere in the offseason that we play one of the simplest offenses in the NFL.  Can't remember where I saw that, but it jumped out at me a bit.

Not in pads, 2 days off and a short practice yesterday and 70 degrees in Spartanburg.  No, not fatigue.  If you can't be sharp today, then, who knows....

Just mentally not there.

Does not matter what an OC calls, they have all day to run the play.  This is practice and they are to practice plays, short and long developing plays.

They just had their head somewhere else this morning.

Thought I read somewhere in the offseason that we play one of the simplest offenses in the NFL.  Can't remember where I saw that, but it jumped out at me a bit.

If we run the simplest offense in the NFL, and still can't execute it in practice, something just might be a little off.

Archived