• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A run play up for discussion....

Jeremy Igo

Biggest problems were that Oher and Olsen got blown up.  I don't have a huge problem with Fozzy's cutback since 91 and 24 quickly closed the lane, though he maybe could have cut off of Oher's right hip instead of completely stopping. If Kalil had been able to get a hand on 55 it may have been a bigger gain.

This play is on Dickson.  He not only slows up, he blocks the wrong man.  His block was 24 since Oher picked up the LB (53).  Yes, Oher is high and got no movement, but there was enough of a seam to bust a play.  Dickson did not read the defense, he became confused when  the man he THOUGHT he would block was picked up (appropriately) by the OT.  Since this was a FB lead, he should never have hesitated when he saw Oher take 53 but he should have lead the RB through the hole and blocked 24 out.  Instead, the play breaks down as soon as Dickson freezes.

So I just watched the play on tv with a much clearer view. I am now convinced the play was a designed cutback the whole time. Norwell lost his footing and ended up the ground. Jerry Hughes who he initially blocked was the one made who the tackle. Had he held his block this could have been a TD. Kalil's guy was Dareus who bit and pursued to the near sideline. Fozzy cutback in the opposite direction and would have had a crease to beeline to the endzone had Norwell sustained his block, or Kalil could have picked him up since he was free when Dareus  disengaged and went the wrong way. In the first pic you'll see the crease and Norwell on the ground. The guy coming around Kalil's right shoulder is the one who made the tackle. In the 2nd pick you'll see Norwell originally had him blocked until he lost his footing.

Another reason I believe it was a designed cutback is even he did go left Gilmore was unblocked since Ginn faked the end around and Dareus was ready to pop him if he stayed straight vs cutting outside left 

image.thumb.jpg.5260b3d710cffa6eecfc436cimage.thumb.jpg.65d0001066ef3e1dbd68ce7a

Archived