• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A run play up for discussion....

Jeremy Igo

I also would point out: the great Ryan Kalil can be exposed by his size and power limitations. I do not see an extention  of great significance  being extended in the near future by Gettles. 

IDK your probably going against one of best NT, but if you look at LG, C, & RG they  actually push the line of scrimmage a yard. Also Norwell Pancakes the DT !

IDK your probably going against one of best NT, but if you look at LG, C, & RG they  actually push the line of scrimmage a yard. Also Norwell Pancakes the DT !

Agreed that line is beastly. Kalil is just not an elite guy IMO other than his mobility and leadership. Good but not 12 mil good. He eats up good LT money on the line. 

He blocks and has great technique and gets to second level great but is probably best in a zone block scheme. 

I think that is the main reason Remmers was getting reps at Center..possible 2016 move?

Hard to properly diagnose what specifically went wrong. If the play design was intended for Fozzy to stick to the left, then Olsen was pushed too far back. Dickson provided Oher help with a quick chip and moved up field as he should have. If it was a designed misdirection(cutback was the plan the whole time) then its Kalil's fault. The Ginn fake reverse pulled Mario in the wrong direction and up field just  enough to allow Fozzy room to cut straight up the right shoulder of Kalil had he not allowed his man to get around his right side.

On the other hand Rimmers and Turner played it perfect in terms of their blocking.

I want to see lucas more anyway at TE

Of course I'm a Mizzou homer, but he looked good at least receiving on Friday. Unfortunately during the drive when he had nice receptions, he also looked awful blocking. 

I really like him at Mizzou. Ultimately I would like to see him make the transition to TE and add a good 10-15 lbs. while taking another year on the practice squad. I think he could be what we hoped Williams would be. 

With some seasoning, Lucas can be the match up nightmare at TE that he couldn't be at WR. It all depends on his blocking improvements.

Archived