• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A run play up for discussion....

Jeremy Igo

That would entail Shula actually possessing a right side to his brain.

I said I don't think so because the play is designed with the QB's back turned to the line, so the decision has to be made before he hands off.  Otherwise, handing to Ginn would have been a big gainer

Dickson is a waste of a roster space for no reason but because it's been shown we have to have 0 untalented people on our team or Shula will put them in the wrong position. Every player on the Panthers offense has to be the biggest, strongest, fastest because they have to play every position. Shula will put our slowest WR on deep routes, and our worst blocking players at FB. For our offense to have the 'execution' that they stress, every single player has to be an all-pro because the OC will do them no favors in scheming around their talents.

I know they like Ed and wanted to make a point to resign him this year, but he did not work out as that Hybrid TE/FB role for us last year.

He might be a good 2 TE but, when Tolbert was out last year and he was our guy to help Bell block and be a leading blocker for Williams/Stewart he did not look good. 

IMO the play developed too slowly to succeed. Also, look closely, it's Greg Olsen's guy that forces Fozzy to the right, not Dickson's. If Olsen had been able to hold his block & force the player out & further up field, Fozzy would've had a good hole to run through.

I too am assuming this is loaded towards if Ward was barreling through the gap. I just don't see Fozzy getting past the guy who has Olsen 4 yards deep past the LOS. Even Oher's guy would have shed to the right. 

Thats just busted blocking from everyone. The right side too - they looked sloppy

I think Dickson is getting a lot of unnecessary hate here. A fullback looks to hit the whole first to hopefully block a second level player for the back following him. The two blockers on the left edge of this formation (Oher and Olsen) get stood up and pushed back respectively. This forces Dickson to move parallel to the line of scrimmage momentarily, instead of straight to the hole. That is what held him up. 

Not sure how Ward would have maneuvered differently, even if he is a better blocker. There would need to be a hole for him too.

Penetration kills the run. End of story.

Archived