• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lee Ward / Artis Payne Combo

Jeremy Igo

I agree totally. I would even take it a step further and say " I just want to see more Lee Ward" as full back period. How about Lee and Wegher, Lee and Stewart, it's 4th down and goal, ball is on the 2 yard line...no problem...Lee Ward and Mike Tolbert. If ward doesn't make the 53 man roster over Richie Brockel I will be pissed. I'm no NFL talent scout but I can see we have something special in Mr. Lee Ward, gotta make room for Brandon Wegher too! Tough decisions are ahead for DG.

I agree totally. I would even take it a step further and say " I just want to see more Lee Ward" as full back period. How about Lee and Wegher, Lee and Stewart, it's 4th down and goal, ball is on the 2 yard line...no problem...Lee Ward and Mike Tolbert. If ward doesn't make the 53 man roster over Richie Brockel I will be pissed. I'm no NFL talent scout but I can see we have something special in Mr. Lee Ward, gotta make room for Brandon Wegher too! Tough decisions are ahead for DG.

This.  Brockels time has played out. If he makes the 53 over Ward I'm gonna be real upset with this coaching staff. Ward brings something to the team it needs a real punishing blocking FB.

Brockel just taking up a roster spot.  Does nothing special

Waive Folkerts,  use Remmers as backup center,  Williams as backup RT,  keep Ward and Brockel? 

I like this scenario but rather than keep brockel, keep wegher. I just have a good feeling about Wegher and Ward. I just don't think we need both ward and brockel.

I am with the "What exactly does Brockel actually do?" camp.  I know that he is versatile, is a fair to good blocker, but Ward punishes.  The "eye in the sky" don't lie, people.  I am sure that Rivera, a former LB, appreciates a stud FB when he sees one.

Unfortunately or strategically, there will be injuries (actual or not) that put players on the IR.  Ward will find a roster spot.

Archived