• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What positions?

CarolinaSamurai

I'm pretty sure that's not the OL's fault. So you're saying the OL is bad because they can't block long enough for a QB that likes to stay too long in the pocket because he's struggling to find open receivers because our passing game isn't great? I don't see where the blame on the OL comes into play. The OL is doing their job. Jake with ball in-hand is not.

Agreed. I think everyone is looking at only the Arizona game last year instead of the entire body of work for the season.

The OL as a unit was very strong last year. I think the secondary was very week in passing and the front four werent able to stop a pop warner back.

I think its a toss up between the DL and the secondary. Hope the "scheming" Meeks is bringing improves that a bit but the jury is still out and it isn't loking promising.

I would have to say right now the Kick Returners are the weakest link of this team because they have the potential to really change the game with fumbles and poor field position. It may hurt us more than people think right now which is why Jones was so important, I can't understand why they don't sign Yamon Figurs, unless he is hurt like Jones.

The runner ups in this category are depth in the secondary because if ANY of the starters get hurt it will be a bad situation. I remember a few years back when Gamble and Lucas were hurt and the Steelers lit us up. Since then we have always had three solid CB's, except this year.

The other runner up is the defensive tackle position but it has improved a lot and will be helped out tremendously by the two strongest positions on our team Linebacker and Defensive End.

I didnt mean to make it look bleak I just wanted to know what people thought. I actually think we can do well at least better than others expect. I just think a few things need to happen for that to occur.

I am glad to see you optimism. The way you asked the question actually made me look at things a little differently though. It seems we are thinnest where we look the best and deepest where we have some struggles if you look at pre-season too definitively which is kinda weird.

Archived