• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What positions?

CarolinaSamurai

I was curious since I am new here what everyone thought was our weakest link and our strongest right now. What position do we need to replace or get right away and what position are we strongest in?

I'd say OL is weakest, and RBack is our strongest.

weakest- DL

strongest - LB or RB

we may be thin at (good) DTs and that's all everything wants to talk about on this forum lately but...

weakest - Safety (they still suck in coverage, they don't make up for it with run defense, we're missing one of our starters who is usually lost anyways and....Nate Salley is still on the team)

strongest - RB (D, Stewart, Goodson, Fiammetta, and Hoov)

We may lack depth on the OL, but there's no way you can say that that is our weakest link with a straight face unless that is, you haven't been paying any kind of attention for the past...um...season.

we may be thin at DT (that's good DTs btw) and that's all everything wants to talk about but...

weakest - Safety (they still suck in coverage, we're missing one of our starters who is usually lost anyways and....Nate Salley is still on the team)

strongest - RB (D, Stewart, Goodson, Fiammetta, and Hoov)

We may lack depth on the OL, but there's no way you can say that's our weakest link with a straight face.

yeah, i thought about the secondary but the DL gave them no help by getting pressure last season. Average guys are scary in the secondary w/ no pass rush.

yeah, i thought about the secondary but the DL gave them no help by getting pressure last season. Average guys are scary in the secondary w/ no pass rush.

Nobody expects a team's defensive line to get pressure on every single pass play. In every game, there's plays where there's just no pressure and the defense has to rely on pass coverage, and that's when it gets scary for us. If the secondary can't handle themselves in situations like that (they can't), then I think it's maybe time to stop blaming the defensive line so much.

How long are we going to say, "Oh, that receiver was wiiiiide open! Damn you defensive line and your lack of pressure!"? There's only so much the defensive line can do (yes, I know our DL isn't that good) before you start realizing that your secondary sucks as much if not more than the DL.

Nobody expects a team's defensive line to get pressure on every single pass play. In every game, there's plays where there's just no pressure and the defense has to rely on pass coverage, and that's when it gets scary. If the secondary can't handle themselves in situations like that (they can't), then I think it's maybe time to stop blaming the defensive line so much.

How long are we going to say, "Oh, that receiver was wiiiiide open! Damn, you defensive line and your lack of pressure!"? There's only so much the defensive line can do (yes, I know our DL isn't that good) before you start realizing that your secondary sucks as much if not more than the DL.

agreed.

The OL weakest? What? The depth maybe the weakest but our front 5 is amazing.

Anyway, best is RB, worst is DL.

I don't know I wanted to say QB but I went with OL because though they are good at protecting the run but when they need to keep pressure off the QB it doesn't really work well. I am having trouble figuring out how our QB can get good protection and still take so long to throw or not throw at all and get sacked. But sometimes he does have pressure and the OL cant stop it. To me I think the problems with our passing game (usually on 3rd down conversions) doesn't just lie in Jake but also our OL. Our WR and RB's are amazing so it has to be the QB or some Olinemen or a little of both messing up the passing game. Go ahead and call me crazy but tell me our passing game is awesome and Ill laugh right back.

I don't know I wanted to say QB but I went with OL because though they are good at protecting the run but when they need to keep pressure off the QB it doesn't really work well. I am having trouble figuring out how our QB can get good protection and still take so long to throw or not throw at all and get sacked. But sometimes he does have pressure and the OL cant stop it. To me I think the problems with our passing game (usually on 3rd down conversions) doesn't just lie in Jake but also our OL. Our WR and RB's are amazing so it has to be the QB or some Olinemen or a little of both messing up the passing game. Go ahead and call me crazy but tell me our passing game is awesome and Ill laugh right back.

I'm pretty sure that's not the OL's fault. So you're saying the OL is bad because they can't block long enough for a QB that likes to stay too long in the pocket because he's struggling to find open receivers because our passing game isn't great? I don't see where the blame on the OL comes into play. The OL is doing their job. Jake with ball in-hand is not.

curiously our strongest positions are either very shallow depth-wise and injured while our weakest positions are not likely able to improve any time soon due to time and cap restraints.

It's not the end of the world but the cards we have shown so far aren't the best. I still think we have more to show but the way the OP asked the question makes the situation look bleak.

curiously our strongest positions are either very shallow depth-wise and injured while our weakest positions are not likely able to improve any time soon due to time and cap restraints.

It's not the end of the world but the cards we have shown so far aren't the best. I still think we have more to show but the way the OP asked the question makes the situation look bleak.

I didnt mean to make it look bleak I just wanted to know what people thought. I actually think we can do well at least better than others expect. I just think a few things need to happen for that to occur.

Archived