• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fozzy

Jeremy Igo

Wegher broke a long run in the 4th quarter of the preseason against the residue at the bottom of the Bills' depth chart. Fozzy made those plays in the playoffs and was a threat to score every time he touched the ball last year.

Todman may have threatened Fozzy's spot tonight, but they all deserve more looks and chances before anything is decided.

Caught quite a bit of flack on here on Thursday for suggesting Fozzy is expendable this year. 

Was anyone's mind changed tonight? 

Is "flak" really the right word?  At least as I remember that thread, it wasn't so much shooting you down or disbelieving your opinion and comments about Todman (as in "how could you dare say that?!") but rather it was Huddlers expressing fondness for Fozzy and thus surprise and dismay that he might be gone. 

He stepped up for us in an important way last season and he's a player a lot of us like and had assumed would again be on the roster this year. 

Agree Todman & Wegher made some good plays last night.  The competition is real.  Fozzy could well be on the bubble as much as I'd like to see him make it.  Hopefully the competition makes him and all the RB candidates better.  May the best player win.

As some said on the original thread, it's a good thing that G'man will base the roster decision on who is the best player to help the team rather than sentiment, cause I for one would too easily tend to keep the guy I already know & like and not necessarily give the new guys a fair chance.

I am not knocking Fozzy at all. I wish we could keep all these guys. 

But Fozzy has some younger bucks behind him that are flashing tons of potential. Not a good position to be in for him as a backup RB. Throw in the fact that other teams are in desperate need of a RB... could be trade bait time. 

Throw in the fact that other teams are in desperate need of a RB... could be trade bait time. 

NOW I am starting to agree with you. Whichever doesn't make it between Todman and Fozzy would be excellent trade bait since we cant stash them. That said, my first thought after last night was that Ward, Byrd and Wegher will all ultimately be on the practice squad this season.

Archived