• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fozzy

Jeremy Igo

I see Stew and CAP as the "power" backs with Todman and Wegher as the "speed" backs.  I put their skills in quotes because none of these guys are purely speed or power, but a combination of both to varying degrees.  But no way we keep these four plus Tolbert. 

Todman passes the eye test that's for sure...and Wegher...yea...he may be 3rd best of the 3rd stringers.

I was just impressed with what Wegher showed tonight.  Great vision, burst, extra gear, and showed ability out of the backfield.  That being said, with the current state of things in terms of value at the RB position across the league, and considering his lack of top level competition the last few years, he strikes me as someone we would have no problem sneaking onto the PS. 

Todman on the other hand has the ability and furthermore, and more importantly, showed the ability to produce in the NFL already.  Combine that with his versatility and I think he's a lock. 

Outside of the starters the only players on offense to show big play/clutch play potential with limited touches were Funchess, Wegher, and Lucas.

Fozzy and Todman are both 3rd down slasher RBs. CAP has no special teams significance, no big play ability, and is just a grinder who has no push after contact. Wegher has speed, vision, hands, special teams impact, push after contact and the agility/athleticism to get up field quickly. His acceleration is insane and he can launch himself from the 5 yard line consistently. He is a freak. No doubt in my mind Wegher is the best RB after Stewart if you base it on big play ability, awareness, and touchdowns.

If the Panthers put Wegher on the practice squad, he will be gone.

Look, the only reason we count on Jonathon Stewart as our primary back is the contract the idiot Marty Hurney gave to him. We have no choice but to hope for something in return for the mountain of cap space he currently occupies.

And due to the fact how much time Stewart enjoys on the exercise bike as opposed to the practice or game day field our backup RB core is key.

We can do better than Fozzy. Here's hoping.

I've said for awhile that I thought Fozzy and Todman are fighting for the last RB spot on the team.

In a lot of ways I think those two fill the same role on the team, that of the third down back.  I'm not sure the team views either as a potential every down feature back.

Stewart is the starting every down back.

CAP has the potential to be an every down back and we invested a draft pick in him.

Tolbert is the change of pace big back that can also play fullback.

That leaves Todman and Fozzy to fight for the last spot.

Archived