• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone happy about Mark Jones coming back?

Snake

we got some depth at LB we could lose?

i hate to say it....but with all the Stewart talk recently and the move to pick the GB kid ( a real odd move) has me starting to follow that logic.....

not anymore.

no way we go with less than 6 LBs....especially with beason and davis getting over injuries.

OL...too much need. only way one of those guys get replaced is with another FA.

WR...need them all (although jarrett is the most expendable).

DT...need all the help we can get. only way hayden gets cut (or anyone else) is if another is brought in that is considerably better.

CB? maybe. need that depth for safety depth, though (not that it helps much)

RBs...sutton is the only expendable one but they are going to be in holding pattern for a little bit there.

QB...we aren't gonna go with 2 after 2007.

lloyd? we need his leg more than we need jones' semi reliable hands.

DE...i don't see them cutting taylor. they are going to rely on a heavy rotation of the 5 of them.

i honestly don't know where the best place to cut is and will it be worth it?

The reason why I don't like it is because it means that the coaches though less than I did about the many options we had back there this pre-season and camp. Make me wonder what else I have been too optimistic about.

of course I could be over reacting and they want those rookies DB's to focus on one thing and one thing only, coverage and that they may be counting on Goodson to be the #2 for more time than we may be expecting right now so they want to protect him as well.

Please don't say "he won't fumble" anymore. Please.

Kenny and captain will be fine. They just need some reps in practice.

Well unless they play lights out week 1......Foxy is gonna bring Jones in as soon as he passes his physcal the following week. It is just a week delay if things go as planned from the sound of it......

I think the coaches banking on a solid returner instead of a potentially "electric" returner is a much smarter move... However, roster spots are going to be an issue.

Jones is average at best with one good year on his resume. Odds are against that type returner keeping a job b/c he isn't gonna make anything happen on the field......and Jones has to rely on the opponents giving him the yards to a large degree. (granted he took what was given but that is scary that is what is relied upon in the return game). Jones catches and runs straight......if good space and blocking isn't there then nothing will ever occur....and those rare moments where the opportunity is there to take one to the house he can't.

We have lacked a playmaker since Smitty........bad defenses need good offenses and special teams. Most likely given the caliber of return man Jones is last year was the exception and the norm of what a season with him will result in. He is safe though.....and that is what Fox likes overall. Might as well kept Nick Goings back there......with some good blocking and open space to run straight he could have done the same thing Jones did last year.

Archived