• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone happy about Mark Jones coming back?

Snake

No. Waste of a space. I don't see why they weren't able to develop a guy during the preseason. Captain did a good job when he was able to catch the ball. I just think we could add another DT instead... Don't like it.

Maybe thats why they brought him back, To train the young guys hows its done.

I agree. It is just a sign of Carolina not being able to take a step forward. There is a reason why Jones can't land a gig anywhere other than Carolina....most teams want a playmaker at the position. Sure, he had some moderate success last year but odds are against that type/cailber returner having a lot of success when all he can do is run straight with little playmaking ability and not being able to hit the home run.

Exactly. That's what I thought they were searching for in the preseason, a playmaker to put back there to return punts and kickoffs. WRONG. We spent 4+ weeks letting guys snag punts only to have them continue to bobble and fumble them and then we just sign Mark Jones back.

I knew Jones wasn't going to make it with the Titans. I think Jones production last year was an exception. I don't think he'll see the same production this year.

Im alright with the signing. Im one of the people that thought it was a big mistake to let him go in the first place. However, I still think we should've gave Munnerlyn a couple games to see if he got rid of the fumblitis. How long does it take for a physical to be completed?

Archived