• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The INT's that led to the fight....

Jeremy Igo

I hate saying this, but this is the thing that is going to hold Cam back from ever being elite..... consistency. Who are we kidding, Cam isn't the most accurate QB, but he makes up with that with his athleticism. However, this has been the story since his rookie year, inconsistency in his accuracy and decision making, which is why he will have an amazing game one week only to follow it up with 3 bad games. Hopefully it was just a bad practice, but we've seen this before.

It's practice. Mistakes are SUPPOSED to happen. These guys may be professionals and expected to be great to a certain extent, but anybody in any craft should be able to tell you, you're always learning. Always getting better. Or, you stop learning and getting better and you regress. It's like a flower. Every day, you're either growing or you're dying.

Cam always looks iffy in the preseason. Not going to be surprised if he doesn't look spectacular over the next month. All I care about is how he looks starting on week 1.

That being said, he looked fine at Fan Fest. Stepping into throws, going through his reads. Every player on every team has a bad practice every week or so. Bad days happen. The key is to have your bad days land on practice days and not on game days. I'm not worried in the least on that front.

As far as the scuffle goes, it's football. Players do this all of the time, especially once the season starts getting real close like it is. Sure, QBs don't typically get involved in these scuffles, but Cam is a different kind of QB. He's fiery and he takes failure to heart and doesn't just shake these things off. Sure, it may be beneficial to him to learn to do that better, but it's not exactly harmful either. Sounds like he knew he was having a bad day and was trying to get that frustration out. Normally in a game, he gets that out by bowling over a defensive player on the other team or shaking guys out of their cleats. He just has to keep himself in check until the real games start is all. No big deal at all.

What I will say is, our defense knows our offense. We're all a team so it's not going to be the same vs another team

Still IMO, Shula sucks. We just need a better OC that can deliver us a better overall offense. When we struggled last year, a high school defense could predict our routes and plays

Archived