• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The INT's that led to the fight....

Jeremy Igo

Prior to the fight, Cam Newton threw two interceptions relatively close to one another on the clock. 

First Melvin White picked off a pass that was under thrown to Benton Bersin. White was able to jump inside and make the pick. 

panthers-training-camp-0675.thumb.jpg.45

Second, Josh Norman intercepted the pass that led to the runback and scuffle. I would love to tell you who the pass was intended for, but I am unclear. As you can tell ... no offensive player was near Josh when he made the interception, it was underthrown and the receiver was far left out of the frame. 

DSC_0734.thumb.jpg.c93b2ffeaa0a67518cae6

panthers-training-camp-0737.thumb.jpg.64

As you can tell, neither ball was contested for or tipped. They were clean catches by the defensive backs that the receivers never had a shot at. 

This was the fuel for the frustration by Cam Newton and losing his composure for a moment. Cam, to put it simply, was having a bad day throwing the ball. 

So is it his footwork that is causing these errant throws? I was hoping the ankle surgery would help correct on some of his overthrows.  I read one account that said the pocket was collapsing that led to the Norman INT. Maybe it's still a protection issue?  Or could have just been a bad day...

How had Cam looked as a whole, from a passing effeciency perspective this TC? I know the LT conundrum has lead to some hiccups and frustration,  but has he improved from what you can tell?

He has looked decent. Not as crisp as during OTAs to my eye, but now the pads are on and more people are in his face. 

I'm furious that the national and local media is trying to spin this is a huge issue. Norman shouldn't of stiff-armed Newton, Newton shouldn't have shoved back, Norman shouldn't have taken his helmet off... But hey, both guys stood up for themselves and I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that Cam and Josh are fine with each other. Scuffles happen all the time. 

I'm furious that the national and local media is trying to spin this is a huge issue. Norman shouldn't of stiff-armed Newton, Newton shouldn't have shoved back, Norman shouldn't have taken his helmet off... But hey, both guys stood up for themselves and I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that Cam and Josh are fine with each other. Scuffles happen all the time. 

It might be hard, but stop paying them attention 

Archived