• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Hand Account of the Norman - Newton fight

Jeremy Igo

It's not a bad article by any means. It gave some actual insight about what transpired. No "Cam bashing" to my surprise.

Yeah, I was talking about the comments under the article. The article itself was fine, if not a little melodramatic.

So basically Norman went to run the interception back, Newton got in the way, and Norman hit him with a stiff arm?

That's what I've picked up.  

Both have been jawing.  Cam was frustrated, Norman was talking/showboating on the run back...stiff arm, jawing, shoving, helmet pushed off, Norman to the ground.  Meh

I like the emotion but you gotta be better. Norman doesn't matter to the media or the rest of the country and Cam should know that everything reflects on him. Yell at the top of your lungs, do some pushups, anything else. If you give haters an inch they'll take a mile.

Football wise tho I love this. Two picks for the D and Cam gets his practice lumps in!

really? He just got two picks and frustrated a qb for real. You think they'll let him go because of that? Sh*t, I'd be paying the man right now.

No I didn't think they'd let him go because of that and I didn't indicate that anywhere. But if it just added on to a viewpoint of theirs that he's immature and if his price goes too high it could factor in to us not being able to keep him. Probably just me being overly cautious because I want us to keep him so bad. My stance on Josh is he should be a Panther for life and we should lock him up now before his price gets higher after this year, but I talked to Voth about it and he doesn't see it happening. Very concerned that if we don't lock him up now he'll be demanding a $10M/year contract or more which we could either give him and let others go (Star or KK?) or have to let him walk. Just me being nervous about not being able to keep him I guess. Stupid sh*t like stiff-arming the red jersey in practice certainly doesn't help his case.

Not at all. 

I asked Voth about his contract situation and he thinks the team won't offer an extension until they see a full year of him starting at a high level. Do you see it the same way or do you think we could lock him up before the season starts?

I asked Voth about his contract situation and he thinks the team won't offer an extension until they see a full year of him starting at a high level. Do you see it the same way or do you think we could lock him up before the season starts?

Doubtful he is signed before the season starts. I spoke to him before practice. It doesn't seem to be on his mind at all. 

All things considered, not a big deal.  There are scuffles in practice in football at every level from little league all the way through the pros.  It's a physical game and sometimes these things happen.

The bigger part of the story in my mind is that there we have a starting CB playing in a contract year.  The only reason he hasn't gotten a new contract so far is that the coaching staff and front office don't fully trust him.  He's spent a lot of time in Rivera's dog house and has been prone to major lapses on the field.  He just picked a fight with the $100M franchise QB in practice.  That's not going to garner him any additional trust from the organization.

our offense has clearly struggled so far in training camp ... 

I think our defense is just that dominant and hopefully things will ease up for cam and company once preseason starts. 

we're all hoping it's just our defense is that dominant, just like this is the opportunity for the chicken little's to claim our offense is trash.  For me, the glass is always half full. 

I like it. Don't want to see Cam or anyone get hurt. But I like the chip on the shoulder in practice. If Cam goes out and throws all over the defense I feel like he'll let them know about it. So I like the fact that Norman gives it back to him. Keeps him grounded and it's good competition. Everyone that reports for ESPN is a fairy, btw.

Archived