• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Punisher Express Lee Ward Hype Train Update

Jeremy Igo

Lee continues to get reps in camp. He is 2 for 2 in catching out of the backfield and being a reliable blocker. 

panthers-training-camp-0260.thumb.jpg.f5

He is also used in play action fakes and has proven to be a solid protection back. (You might have seen that at fan fest if you were paying close attention, Ward had a fantastic blitz pickup on a LB) 

panthers-training-camp-0329.thumb.jpg.94

fug practice squad, if he's looking as good as you say he's been then it's about time to dump some guys like Brockel and Webb to make room for more valuable roster additions.  Always thought Hartsock was the better TE between him and Brockel anyways.

We want to pound the football down people's throats... and a good blocking FB can help do wonders for that.

The may opt to really limit Ward in the preseason, not giving the NFL any game tape on him to increase the chances he won't get picked up off waivers before practice squad placement. 

I wonder how many team scouts visit as fans to see how others perform that might get put on the practice squad?

The may opt to really limit Ward in the preseason, not giving the NFL any game tape on him to increase the chances he won't get picked up off waivers before practice squad placement. 

How has he looked compared to Brockel?

I can't remember but was Tyler Gaffney given a lot of rep in preseason? He was still taken by the Patriots though. If the Panthers really like Ward then they should not fug around and find a way to put him on the team even if it means cutting a vet. 

I don't think its an exaggeration to suspect that Gettleman's draft acquisitions are looked at more closely by other team's GMs/scouts. I think last year with Gaffney proves that GMs around the league are watching the players that DG picks up which obviously makes it difficult to hide talent at the end of the roster, but is a result of his success and reputation through the league as a talent evaluator.  

I can't remember but was Tyler Gaffney given a lot of rep in preseason? He was still taken by the Patriots though. If the Panthers really like Ward then they should not fug around and find a way to put him on the team even if it means cutting a vet. 

injured first day of camp

I've never seen any threads started on how great a blocker Brockel is(or for that matter what exactly is his "specialty ") 

Time for a youth infusion. I'd roll with Ward

Not to peg Brockel but if you follow him on kickoffs, he's incredibly frustrating IMO.  Actually, that's been most of our guys in recent years so maybe it's more coaching.  

Archived