• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday Camp Tweets and Such

Jeremy Igo

Quaterback accuracy and play design are just as important to YAC as the individual skill of the receivers.  Hopefully we will see an improvement out of everyone this year.

I hope so too.

I got curious and had to look it up. It was about 180 yards last season.

Question:  has there been any mention whatsoever of the guys on the PUP (Brandon Williams and DeAndre Presley)?  Definitely feeling B. Williams is on the bubble this year.  What's the process if they stay on the PUP and don't practice throughout training camp?  Do they go on the IR?  I forget....

They are ineligible for the first 6 games of the season. So after week 7(due to week 5 BYE) the player will be eligible to practice with the team for 3 weeks before deciding to activate him or not(Would have to cut someone from the 53 before they could be added). If they choose not too the player is then officially on IR

Transcript of Ron's post-practice press conference now posted at BBR.

http://blackandbluereview.com/transcript-ron-rivera-after-sundays-practice/

A couple of quotes:

Receivers lower on depth shined today, especially Mike Brown and Jarrett Boykin?

“I think it’s really about opportunities. Coming off of a big day the other day, we didn’t have Kelvin as active today, we didn’t have Cotchery as active, so it really gave the younger guys an opportunity to go out there and compete, so that was good to see.”

What have you seen out of Brown?

“Mike just keeps flashing. He’s doing some nice things. He’s an interesting young man, who really just caught our attention when he worked out for us in the spring. He had good OTAs and minicamp, and he just continues to excel. We found out today that he can catch punts, so he’s going to get some opportunities. He really is.”

Does Colin Jones’ speed sneak up on people?

“Yes, I think it does. I think people don’t quite understand what he’s capable of. We’re still learning to be quite honest. He’s been here with us four seasons, but he seems to do something every time to get your attention. There was a reverse we ran a couple days ago, and he reacted to it and walked it down and you realize he has that kind of ability. The thing he’s done very nice for us is that he’s a very good blitzer. You guys remember what happened last year when he had the opportunities, and he made some plays. He’s getting opportunities, and he’ll continue to get opportunities, and I think he has a little more than you expect, and he does flash.”

Is he a better nickel, safety, Buffalo nickel, or are you happy with mixing his roles?

“I think we’re very happy with the different roles he can play for us. I think he’s a bit of a jack-of-all-trades. One thing is he’s a special teams ace. We want to find opportunities to use him on the football field and also make sure he’s still involved in special teams.”

Shaq’s still limited, same with Dickson and Short?

“Yes, for the most part. We just got to be careful. It’s one of those things where right now, it’s about learning and growing. At the same time, you don’t want to put a guy in a spot where it’s going to linger. Especially hamstrings, those are kind of nagging. It’s good to have Kawann back. The back calmed down. He had it a couple years ago, and it flared up this year, but they were able to treat it. He seems to with exercise and therapy to get it calmed down. It was good to have him on the field. Ed with the strain, we had him go in. He got an MRI, and it was negative. That was just a matter of getting it to calm down as well. He’ll get his treatment, and he’s ready to go. We’re going to gradually work him. He didn’t work at the end of practice, but he got early on reps, and then we backed him off big time.”

How did guys return after having a day off?

“I think they’re still caught up a little bit in last Friday night. Guys are still talking about it during stretching and not that it was a bad distraction. They really were talking about that. The lead-off question to the press conference really was about that. The guys really soaked in the energy, and they’re still talking about [Braylon Beam]. I was really pleased with it. The energy level that was brought to us was really special, and we have to live up to our part, and that’s something we gotta stay focused in on.”

They are ineligible for the first 6 games of the season. So after week 7(due to week 5 BYE) the player will be eligible to practice with the team for 3 weeks before deciding to activate him or not(Would have to cut someone from the 53 before they could be added). If they choose not too the player is then officially on IR

Thanks Luke Nukem for the update on the PUP rules.

Guys on the preseason PUP can come back at any timetime during the preseason.  If they finish the preseason on the PUP, then they are not eligible until after Carolina's sixth game.  

Archived