• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TWC Rolling Out Faster Internet Speeds

chknwing

Starting this week, TWC Internet customers in the Charlotte area will receive the faster Internet speeds as part of the first phase of the rollout. Areas in this first phase include East Charlotte, Old Steele Creek Road, the West Boulevard Corridor, West Morehead Street and Wilkinson Boulevard in the city of Charlotte, as well as the communities of Albemarle, Belmont, Bessemer City, Cramerton, Danby, Gastonia, Huntersville, Patterson Springs, Pineville, Plyer, Ranlo and Shelby. Customers throughout the remainder of Charlotte and surrounding areas will see their speeds increase by the end of fall 2015.

The Internet transformation beginning this month includes speed increases on TWC residential Internet plans at no additional cost, with customers experiencing increases up to six times faster, depending on their current level of Internet service.

For example, customers who subscribe to Standard, formerly up to 15 Mbps, will now receive up to 50 Mbps, customers who subscribe to Extreme, formerly up to 30 Mbps, will now receive up to 200 Mbps; and customers who subscribe to Ultimate, formerly up to100 Mbps, will receive up to 300 Mbps, at no extra charge.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/about-us/press/twc-increases-internet-speeds-charlotte-area.html

I got $10 that says Youtube still doesn't work

Am glad that I made the swap to U-Verse.  I actually have fiber on the side of my house now.  I expected it to the curb, but not through the yard.  Tech offered to pop in 1Gb, but I declined after hearing the price for it.  If I start housing my own little data center, I'll get back to them.  Until then, 30Mb is proving to be more than what I need.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived