• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's draft picks

Lt Pinkerton

Nice generalizations. That's all you have though, no substance, no facts, just an idea that we can just snap our fingers and get more talent on the roster.

Are you aware that you're dropping three drafted players entering their third year, two entering their second, and a rookie? That makes no sense. I guess you would have replaced Kalil because he didn't start his first year, huh? How about Hoover, I doubt he would have made your cut.

And are you planning on replacing all these guys with starting-caliber players? Aside from the lack of room under our cap, why would a potential starter come here if they weren't going to get any playing time anyway? And if you can't get a potential starter, how are the ones you're going to get an improvement on what we have?

By the way, Wesley was a starter in Miami. And you can get a free agent starter from Cincinnati in Landon Johnson who really doesn't look like an improvement on James Anderson.

So what you're saying makes no sense to me at all. It's like telling the team to go win a Super Bowl--if it was that easy everyone would do it.

It probably feels good to just criticize the front office, as if you could do better. But I don't think you thought it through very much.

Tried to rep but couldn't.

Very well said and this is where Madden and FF has completely made fans into idiots. While I liked a couple of the guys cut and wished they could have made the team, not one could I agrue that the wrong decission was made.

Nice generalizations. That's all you have though, no substance, no facts, just an idea that we can just snap our fingers and get more talent on the roster.

Are you aware that you're dropping three drafted players entering their third year, two entering their second, and a rookie? That makes no sense. I guess you would have replaced Kalil because he didn't start his first year, huh? How about Hoover, I doubt he would have made your cut.

And are you planning on replacing all these guys with starting-caliber players? Aside from the lack of room under our cap, why would a potential starter come here if they weren't going to get any playing time anyway? And if you can't get a potential starter, how are the ones you're going to get an improvement on what we have?

By the way, Wesley was a starter in Miami. And you can get a free agent starter from Cincinnati in Landon Johnson who really doesn't look like an improvement on James Anderson.

So what you're saying makes no sense to me at all. It's like telling the team to go win a Super Bowl--if it was that easy everyone would do it.

It probably feels good to just criticize the front office, as if you could do better. But I don't think you thought it through very much.

Its fact this team holds on to draft picks for dear life even when they suck..if you think they dont you are crazy..lots of teams in the NFL do it..not just the panthers..but since i am not a fan of all teams in the NFL i dont care.

How long should a team hold on to a player in an attempt to develop them before they get released? Aside from Gross and Otah, no one on the offense started their first year. On defense we're somewhat better there with Gamble, Peppers, Beason, and Godfrey starting in year one, the rest of the group had to spend some time learning before they earned their starting jobs.

Unless they're taken in the first round, most players have to spend a year or two on the bench learning before they're ready to make a big contribution. Giving up on Schwartz, Hayden, and Williams might make you feel good, but right now they're capable subs and practice players and next year they might be good enough to count on for long stretches. You can't train players who aren't on the roster.

Cutting someone entering their third year, when they're still cheap and when they're probably giving the starters valuable minutes in quick substitutions, just seems Raider-esque. If you want a team that's constantly trying to raise the talent level through free agency, then look there. Teams like that do a lot of signing of free agents off of rosters like Carolina, where we develop and use them for a few years, then wave bye as they go assume starting roles elsewhere. Just look at Hangartner and Omilaye for recent examples.

And does special teams play count? Based on your inclusion of Wesley and Anderson, I don't think you've really taken that into account. Teal and Wilson also get time there.

So again, I am sure it feels good to say the things you're saying. But still, it doesn't seem like you've thought it through very well.

How long should a team hold on to a player in an attempt to develop them before they get released? Aside from Gross and Otah, no one on the offense started their first year. On defense we're somewhat better there with Gamble, Peppers, Beason, and Godfrey starting in year one, the rest of the group had to spend some time learning before they earned their starting jobs.

Unless they're taken in the first round, most players have to spend a year or two on the bench learning before they're ready to make a big contribution. Giving up on Schwartz, Hayden, and Williams might make you feel good, but right now they're capable subs and practice players and next year they might be good enough to count on for long stretches. You can't train players who aren't on the roster.

Cutting someone entering their third year, when they're still cheap and when they're probably giving the starters valuable minutes in quick substitutions, just seems Raider-esque. If you want a team that's constantly trying to raise the talent level through free agency, then look there. Teams like that do a lot of signing of free agents off of rosters like Carolina, where we develop and use them for a few years, then wave bye as they go assume starting roles elsewhere. Just look at Hangartner and Omilaye for recent examples.

And does special teams play count? Based on your inclusion of Wesley and Anderson, I don't think you've really taken that into account. Teal and Wilson also get time there.

So again, I am sure it feels good to say the things you're saying. But still, it doesn't seem like you've thought it through very well.

I have thought it threw very well..and i am not just taking into account this year.like i said all NFL teams do it.they will hold on the draft picks for dear life.even if they suck and are geting outplayed.if you think thats not true then you are crazy.

I have thought it threw very well..and i am not just taking into account this year.like i said all NFL teams do it.they will hold on the draft picks for dear life.even if they suck and are geting outplayed.if you think thats not true then you are crazy.

who on our current team would you say "sucks?" and what superior player currently in free agency would you replace them with given the same salary?

who on our current team would you say "sucks?" and what superior player currently in free agency would you replace them with given the same salary?

There were plenty of times...before the entire cap thing..what dont you get..teams do this all the time. they keep there draft picks even when they suck.because they were picks..:incazzato:

There were plenty of times...before the entire cap thing..what dont you get..teams do this all the time. they keep there draft picks even when they suck.because they were picks..:incazzato:

Everyone knows this.

Problem is you waltzed into the thread, called out that list of 6 or 7 players and when asked to rationalise your thoughts, you couldn't. Fact is those guys beat out everyone else in camp via the eyes of the FO and considering how close we were to the cap, we couldnt of brought in anyone 'better' who would have comanded a higher salary.

Basically bud, you need to to back up your claim that those guys should be cut by explaining exactly WHO will replace them.

Cyberjag has even shown you that taking starters elsewhere, aka Johnson and Wesley, does not guarentee them to be better than what is already here.

So...we are all waiting....

Everyone knows this.

Problem is you waltzed into the thread, called out that list of 6 or 7 players and when asked to rationalise your thoughts, you couldn't. Fact is those guys beat out everyone else in camp via the eyes of the FO and considering how close we were to the cap, we couldnt of brought in anyone 'better' who would have comanded a higher salary.

Basically bud, you need to to back up your claim that those guys should be cut by explaining exactly WHO will replace them.

Cyberjag has even shown you that taking starters elsewhere, aka Johnson and Wesley, does not guarentee them to be better than what is already here.

So...we are all waiting....

read the thread cyberjag said names..i just took what HE said..my point is very general to every single NFL team.because they all do it wtf dont you get...:crazy:

So you don't want the Panthers to do what all other teams in the league do because no one's figured out the secret formula of cutting players who suck and signing better free agents who will magically appear and play for the same amount as your rookies who might not develop like you want.

Did I nail it? :)

So you don't want the Panthers to do what all other teams in the league do because no one's figured out the secret formula of cutting players who suck and signing better free agents who will magically appear and play for the same amount as your rookies who might not develop like you want.

Did I nail it? :)

I am just saying the panthers and every other team in the NFL does it..:beatdeadhorse5:

Archived