• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best defense is a good offense

Nu Guns

Very true. But I don't know, I can't view a singular aspect of a team as making it great, regardless of how effective that aspect may be. Did the Saints legitimately go up against a stellar pass defense all last year (I'm asking because I don't know and don't want to look it up)? No one in the South can stop a pass effectively, and the AFCW and NFCN can't really make that kind of claim either.

If the Saints were to face a team that can competitively shut down the passing game, how would their offense look?

And if you ever have the nerve to make a point by using NE as a reference point again, well then I just don't know what I will do. They are all godless motherless freaks of nature and deserve to be mentioned only in eulogies.;)

Actually Tampa was fourth in the league in pass defense last year.

As for NE, I don't like them either, particularly their obnoxious fans. But you can't deny that 2007 team was an offensive juggernaut.

I don't really agree with that philosophy. Really the theory works both ways, but I just would prefer an elite D.

Yes, but we do not have an elite defense without Kamo and teams could very well milk up the clock against us if they can run the ball all day.

The real question is will Fox throw the ball on 3rd and 14 or run a draw play?

Archived