• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lee Ward run block....

Jeremy Igo

Ward's skill set is perfect for the power run game.  Love it.  Don't know if there is room for him on the 53 though, but damn, if not, he better be on the PS and be ready to step right in and steamroll some opposing LB's if the toldozer goes down.

leverage is a bitch to deal with...............

Little known fact: This is a more accurate quotation of what Archimedes originally said, but someone thought "give me a lever and I will move the world" sounded more dignified so they had it changed in the history books.

Having a guy like Ward to block on ST would be worth a lot too in addition to the running/ pass protection game.  Guys like him and Ritchie Brockel are overlooked most of the time, but I definitely think our ST suffered last year with Brockel being hurt.  Guys like Brockel and Hartsock (before last year) did a lot of dirty work for us over the last several years.

Do agree it would be tough to have Ward on regular season roster since Tolbert is listed a FB and he has PS eligibility.  Same reason I think Damiere Byrd ends up on PS as well even though I think he has way more upside than Bersin or Boykin

I think you'd have to put him on the roster. I don't think he would make it to the practice squad. He'd get snatched by some team I'm sure. 

I'm not so sure about this.  It seems we're a team that values fullbacks more than most?

Archived