• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers establish practice squad

Troy17289TD

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Panthers-establish-practice-squad/c5df9e7e-dbef-46f1-b496-e9646dba87da

The Carolina Panthers have signed five players to their practice squad. All five players attended training camp and were with the Panthers through the preseason before being waived in the final roster cutdown on Saturday.

PRACTICE SQUAD

Pos Player Exp College

QB Hunter Cantwell R Louisville

WR Jason Chery R Louisiana-Lafayette

DT George Hypolite R Colorado

LB Mortty Ivy R West Virginia

LB Kelvin Smith 2 Syracuse

Each NFL club may carry a maximum of eight players on its practice squad. Practice squad players may not play in games without being signed to the 53-man active roster.

I haven't even heard of those LBs. Bullshit if you ask me.

If only huddlers actually paid attention to their team.

Both those LB's were playing well for us this preseason. Kelvin Smith was near the ball on every play and Morty Ivy was playing well too.

I'm convinced you guys just like to bitch for the sake of bitching.

If only huddlers actually paid attention to their team.

Both those LB's were playing well for us this preseason. Kelvin Smith was near the ball on every play and Morty Ivy was playing well too.

I'm convinced you guys just like to bitch for the sake of bitching.

No i w4nt lEMAN! NoOO!!

I think we've got enough running backs on the 53-man roster. Why bother adding another to the practice squad? :P

LOL

I was just going by what they have had in the past. And remember that the PS isn't just about being a good player. Fox will be looking to add players to PS that could used to help gameplan agaisnt similar players in future games.

I know many people will be upset that Leman isn't on the PS but considering that most LB we play this season will not be "all heart, slow speed" then keeping him probably would not help us with preparing for other teams.

Am I right in saying that it's very possible that the reason Leman and Favorite may have not been signed is that they have been claimed by another team ahead of us in pecking order to fill their own practice squad. Anyone know what players we had during training camp have landed on other practice squads? And if we still sign say, a vet DT, all we have to do is cut someone off our 53 man roster, like maybe a rookie running back formerly with Green Bay, for instance.

Hidden

Am I right in saying that it's very possible that the reason Leman and Favorite may have not been signed is that they have been claimed by another team ahead of us in pecking order to fill their own practice squad. Anyone know what players we had during training camp have landed on other practice squads? And if we still sign say, a vet DT, all we have to do is cut someone off our 53 man roster, like maybe a rookie running back formerly with Green Bay, for instance.

Teams can't take players from our PS to put into their own PS. They can only take them away if they put them on their active roster, so I doubt that's the reason.

Archived