• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LUCK and football

jonbig04

guys do you realize how good he is? i mean it's luck that ra'shon harris just fell into our laps

seriously, he's a NT, he's from Oregon, and he was drafted by an AFC North team.

can we say the next Haloti Ngata? the similarities are pretty hard to ignore!

guys do you realize how good he is? i mean it's luck that ra'shon harris just fell into our laps

seriously, he's a NT, he's from Oregon, and he was drafted by an AFC North team.

can we say the next Haloti Ngata? the similarities are pretty hard to ignore!

'cept maybe where the guys were drafted and about 45 pounds.

It seems there are so many threads dedicated to predicting what is going to happen this season: who the panthers will lose to and who they will beat. It seems to be the focus of all the news shows as well. I'm no football expert. I'm just a panthers fan. But is there really any point to all this? Besides entertainment value of course. Aren't there simply too many variables? It seems to me that there is far too much variance to make any sound predictions, especially since there are only 16 games in a season. To me, this is what makes sports fun to watch, but it also means that despite all the stats, handicapping, records etc there is just no way to have any idea what's going to happen in any given game or with even any given season.

We've had a horrible preseason in terms of our record, but we've already established that there is no quantifiable correlation between a preseason record and a regular season record. So, what can we predict after seeing the preseason? Nothing more than we could before it ever happened.

Don't get me wrong, there is some predicability, but the factors that we can identify that may help us to predict who is going to win a game and who isn't are usually far overshadowed by all the factors we can't account for.

It's all just speculation at best, which is good news for us right now-since obviously we don't want this trend to carry over into the regular season.

GO PANTHERS

This is too funny. No Offense but, don't come on this board spewing your mathematical equations, predicability and logic. It just doesn't mesh with a football message board.

PS....I'm all for it but, good luck.

Archived