• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill Injury Photos

Jeremy Igo

I don't know if it's been said or not cause I haven't read any thread entries so here's my take.

1- I had high hopes of Hill actually making this team and being a solid contributor.  I realize this wasn't/isn't popular, but I think this is a HUGE hit to our Offense whether you believe it or not.

(If he were simply fodder, they would have canned him after the bowl incident, and further Gettleman himself was right there checking out the severity of his injury) that actually is quite telling and shouldn't be overlooked imo

2- this nearly assures Cotchery and another dark horse WR candidate. I say Cotchery and Bersin both make the squad now.

3- Proehl and Rivera have both made points the entire offseason to go out of their way to talk up Hill when they didn't need to. Again I think this bodes well for him

4- I feel bad for him and so should you. Here's a guy that gets drafted high, disappoints in NY, is humbled by getting picked up on waivers and basically being a PS guy, has his best chance to prove to himself and the world that he still had it, and rides off in a cart likely knowing that he lost his chance. His chance to prove his worth, and a chance to be apart of a SB winning team. He knows it, just as well as we do. He doesn't know if he'll ever get another shot either, but what he should know is the #58 will be there every step of the way.

edit: now that I've read the thread, I think everyone that says "he was on the bubble, let's stash him on the ir for a year" is just wrong.

If he made the team he's definitely insurance for Benjamin or a Funchess injury (that's gone now)

If he didn't, well then at least we knew he wasn't good enough to back either up. The thing is, we won't ever know.

I may be in the minority here, but I think he would have made it and contributed.

Archived