• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill Injury Photos

Jeremy Igo

Stephen Hill went up for a ball that was thrown slightly behind him and landed awkwardly. He did not collide with anyone. 

He immediately grabbed the back of his knee, which made me think it was a ligament torn. I can tell you the amount of pain Hill was in was obvious. 

carolina-panthers-training-camp-2015-2-5

Gettleman came over to check in as the docs worked on him. 

Whenever an injury happens, all the players take a knee in a prayer or reflection. All of them know it could be them on any day at any time. 

DSC_5685-Edit.thumb.jpg.0cb3ef961594d4d3

Thomas Davis came over and gave some encouragement. If anyone on the team can offer compassion and understanding for a leg injury, it is Thomas Davis. 

Hill was unable to walk on his own and was carted off. 

Really tough thing to watch, but it is part of the game and the story of the day. Hopefully Hill can recover and continue his career. 

Posted this in the other thread:

From where I saw it I couldn't see that the ball was thrown behind him as Jeremy said, but it looked to me like he jumped for it and tried to catch it in his body when he didn't need to jump at all. Maybe if it was behind him then he would've needed to jump for it, but I couldn't tell from my perspective. It looked to me like he thought he was closer to the ground than he was and he extended his leg to hit the ground but he was higher up and came down hard on his extended leg. Couldn't tell what happened exactly when it hit the ground, but he crumpled and instantly screamed loud enough for anybody there to hear it. Hoping for the best but it didn't look or sound good at all.

Obviously this sucks, and thoughts and prayers are with Stephen, but it could be a blessing in disguise. He was on the roster bubble this year, so now we can stash him on IR for a year and let him compete to make the team next year, maybe after Cotch retires or Boykin moves on etc.

Archived