• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill injured, fairly serious

Jeremy Igo

Posted this in the Saturday thread as I didn't know there was one dedicated to his situation already...

Definitely sucks for Hill...  I always have extra incentive to pull for underdog guys, and he had that going for him.  I hope it's not as bad as it appeared to be.

And while I'm not losing my poo, this is why I wanted to do more at WR in terms of adding speed...  If we stacked it like we do other positions, then I wouldn't be as concerned.  Even our FO was selling the idea of Hill as our potential speed/size combo guy we were looking to add, and with this injury, it's not looking good.  I still hope Byrd pans out but, I was hoping Hill would beat the odds and prove a lot of people wrong (including myself to a degree).

I got a good picture of TD talking to Gettleman right next to Hill lying there being worked on. It's really too bad for Hill and our WR competition. From where I saw it I couldn't see that the ball was thrown behind him as Jeremy said, but it looked to me like he jumped for it and tried to catch it in his body when he didn't need to jump at all. Maybe if it was behind him then he would've needed to jump for it, but I couldn't tell from my perspective. It looked to me like he thought he was closer to the ground than he was and he extended his leg to hit the ground but he was higher up and came down hard on his extended leg. Couldn't tell what happened exactly when it hit the ground, but he crumpled and instantly screamed loud enough for anybody there to hear it. Hoping for the best but it didn't look or sound good at all.

Man, it was terrible. Sittin up on the hill watching practice and we could hear him screaming in pain from there.

Hate it for him.

yea i was there. it was chilling. my prayers go out for the kid. i hate to see people's careers end with injury. if he couldnt cut it and no one signs him, thats one thing. but this sucks. and now i feel like an ass for calling him out in another thread last night for his stiff arm to the face of Kuechly. 

Archived