• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Captain Cam no longer Superman

Jeremy Igo

Also Igo, do you know why Cam wears long sleeves and leggings and poo when its almost 90 degrees outside? This dude dresses like he's in an entirely different climate than the rest of us. I was sweating my ass off in shorts and shortsleeves just sitting in the bleachers.

I would wager its because it will actually keep him cool. A thin top layer absorbs the sweat and keeps it close to the skin so you actually stay cooler than if you were wearing shorts or a t-shirt. As someone who has done lots of summer time manual labor and watched my grandfather on the farm back in the day, I can attest that it looks dumb but works like gangbusters. It's also handy sun protection.

Your misuse of the word jingoism "is this is"? disgusting.

Just because you learn a new word doesn't mean you need to use first chance you get.

Also Igo, do you know why Cam wears long sleeves and leggings and poo when its almost 90 degrees outside? This dude dresses like he's in an entirely different climate than the rest of us. I was sweating my ass off in shorts and shortsleeves just sitting in the bleachers.

Folks living in 120 degree heat in Afghanistan don't wear long pants, long sleeved shirts, and a shemagh (head scarf) as a fashion statement. It may seem odd and ass backwards, but covering your body in extreme heat actually keeps you cool.

Same way it works for dogs with heavy coats. It keeps the heat off their skin and keeps core temperatures down. They'd actually burn and overheat without their coat, which is why you should never have your dog shaved.

Go to a military surplus store near you and buy a shemagh. They keep them in stock because veterans who served overseas buy them up like hotcakes. Then the next time you mow your lawn in 90+ degree heat this summer wear the shemagh. You'll be amazed at how much cooler it keeps you.

That said, I'd wager Cam simply does it because of his weird fashion sense. He likes dressing different.

Affleck is gonna be a sh!tty Batman, so Superman is gonna get second hand tarnish when the movie comes out. Cam's being proactive and branching out so his image doesn't get third hand tarnish.

I think Affleck is the perfect batman, and you won't find a bigger batman fan than me.

That said, I'd wager Cam simply does it because of his weird fashion sense. He likes dressing different.

DING DING DING

I get the point about certain types of clothes making it cooler even though it covers more but I'd wager Cam has no clue about that and just thought he looked cool and a little goofy and likes that.

Aside from what other people said, the "leggings" are probably compression pants.  Helps prevent cramping by keeping the blood flowing.

Archived