• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom Feeding

Blitz

If you want just another body, you sign a player to the practice squad. You dont waste cap space to sign a player to the 53 man squad, that will also take up a roster spot for someone else that is much more needed, just to be "another body for practice".

NO poo! I know about the practice squad, and know they practice all year. I was saying this is no time for "practice players". We need DT's and O-line help, not players to fill the practice squad.

The highlighted is bullshit for the most part. True they may not have much game experience, but why go out for new, when you have just cut ones you are familiar with, unless they are saying they were all just worthless pieces of poo, so let's go get more? I doubt that was the case. Not from what I saw. They are also guys that you may end up needing during the regular season, not just some dumbsh1ts.

Sorry if my wording wasn't good enough for you to understand, and just pick apart.

birmingham may not be eligible for the PS and he may not want to be on it anymore even if he is eligible. it could also be that there was just little chance of him being anymore than practice squad material in which case why invest more time? we were his 6th team since 2005 and he has been on the practice squad on each of them.

as far as Lee goes, he has a starting gig in the CFL waiting for him. why would he want to make less than $90k on a practice squad when he can make a couple hundred thousand starting in another league?

birmingham may not be eligible for the PS and he may not want to be on it anymore even if he is eligible. it could also be that there was just little chance of him being anymore than practice squad material in which case why invest more time? we were his 6th team since 2005 and he has been on the practice squad on each of them.

as far as Lee goes, he has a starting gig in the CFL waiting for him. why would he want to make less than $90k on a practice squad when he can make a couple hundred thousand starting in another league?

Then sign someone else to the practice squad. You still don't waste cap and roster space when you're dealing with the 53 man squad!

Isn't it 4 years to be eligible for the PS? Who knows what Lee is doing, that is pure speculation, and there are others that out shined him IMHO that got cut.

WHERE is the PS roster?

Harris sounds like he could be pretty good here. I checked out the Steelers board and they are all shitting themselves that he got cut. They say he's good at taking up two blockers and generates push. Put him in a 4-3 and he'll probably do better. Leonard was looking pretty good Thursday night as well so I think we have improved personally. Still think Shaun Smith would be an option. You sign him, then DT goes from weakest link to a strong point.

I have no issue with the Harris signing. It is the RB signing that has me scratching my head. To take up another roster spot with a RB definitely smells of Stewart's injury being a big deal.

Quit trying to make sense of it, man. I'd rather we jump to conclusions and assume that our FO is absolute poo. worst in the league to be exact.

I have no issue with the Harris signing. It is the RB signing that has me scratching my head. To take up another roster spot with a RB definitely smells of Stewart's injury being a big deal.

True but honestly if the injury is that serious I would take my chances with Williams, Goodson, and maybe give Hoover or Fiammetta the rock. We could use another back up offensive tackle right now.

Harris sounds like he could be pretty good here. I checked out the Steelers board and they are all shitting themselves that he got cut. They say he's good at taking up two blockers and generates push. Put him in a 4-3 and he'll probably do better. Leonard was looking pretty good Thursday night as well so I think we have improved personally. Still think Shaun Smith would be an option. You sign him, then DT goes from weakest link to a strong point.

which board did you look at? I went to one and could not find any info on him.

Lee has a starting gig in canada waiting for him. that is a fact. the deal was that if things didn't work out here he would go back up there. if there is any delay it's probably to see if he can land a gig on some other teams roster. teams are still looking. seriously, if he has a job in the CFL then there's no way he's going to take a job on a practice squad.

as far as birmingham....he just isn't that good. he looked pretty good with opportunities that he had but who were those opportunities against?

seriously, it isn't as big of a deal as you are making of it and there is no need to start getting upset.

as far as the practice squad roster? why do they need to have it made now? what is the rush? it's no big deal that they are still picking through and making decisions.

Archived