• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom Feeding

Blitz

he's punched one less guy than the man in your av.

Hey this wasn't my quote. Just relaying info I heard on Moving the Chains. Tim and Pat were down in Spartanburg when Shaun Smith was released the first time, and they said they had a conversation "With a team at need in the position", and asked why they aren't going after him. And they said "He's not our type of guy."

I wish we would get Shaun Smith. If you pick him up at least you know he can help our situation and a change of scenery may do him good. But this is Harris guy is an intriguing signing.

And to the RB signing I think he's just someone the panthers liked and thought they would sign him I don't see how he could compete for playing time at all. And if Stewart was out for a while I'd rather have Hoover paving the way for Fiammetta or vice versa rather than giving up another roster space.

why aren't they signing Shaun Smith?
he may have several people trying to get his services and the panthers may be looking at other options with as much potential but less baggage.

i like what smith has but i won't be heartbroken if we don't get him. there is no denying his talent but there is also no denying that he got kicked off the lions so quickly after getting there. i don't know what caused him to get cut. it could be something that the panthers don't want to deal with.

it could also be the guy is asking for far too much money.

it could be that they like someone else more.

who knows?

we'll know soon enough.

I wish we would get Shaun Smith. If you pick him up at least you know he can help our situation and a change of scenery may do him good. But this is Harris guy is an intriguing signing.

And to the RB signing I think he's just someone the panthers liked and thought they would sign him I don't see how he could compete for playing time at all. And if Stewart was out for a while I'd rather have Hoover paving the way for Fiammetta or vice versa rather than giving up another roster space.

Exactly we have enough RB's so stop wasting spots on guys that will never see much if any game time. We are very thin on both lines (and for the first time this off-season I believe we are thinner at Oline then Dline). I like the Harris signing but we still need another veteran presence on that defensive line interior.

Archived