• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smoothie Recipes

Jeremy Igo

I prefer a simple, healthy breakfast over a smoothie.

Fruit (banana, peach, etc)

Raw veggies (spinach, carrots, etc)

Handful of granola oats

Nonfat plain yogurt

32oz water

Down the veggies, wash it down with water, mix the oats into the yogurt and eat it, finish off the water, eat the fruit about 45 minutes later once I'm at my office and wash it down with another bottle of water.

I don't have issues with not feeling full, but when I do I just drink a bottle of water. Kills the hunger and keeps my hydrated.

I am down almost 10 pounds since July 1. 

I did it by walking several miles a day and having a smoothie in the morning. 

BTW, if you make smoothies and don't have a magic bullet.... you are doing it wrong. 

Here is my current favorite smoothie recipe... tastes like a gosh darn milk shake. 

ice

Scoop of chocolate flavored whey protein powder (muscle milk brand was on sale, so thats what I use)

Drip of MCT Oil 

sprinkling of peanuts

Cashew Milk (better for you than dairy, has more calcium, and tastes great)

One of these smoothies keeps me from being hungry until well after noon. 

Amen on the Cashew milk. It is meant for Smoothies and only 25 calories per cup. 

I have lost about 15 lbs since 6/1 ONLY doing a smoothie in the morning or if I am not very hungry, another for dinner.  I use the EAS Lean 15 for Whey bc it is lower calories and blends real smooth with zero grittiness or after taste. 

Instead of peanuts you should try PB2 this to add great flavor to your smoothies.  It is dehydrated peanuts with the fat and oil removed. There is also a chocolate-peanut flavor that is great and all natural.

My go to shake is the Peanut Butter-Choco-Banana Smoothie

-2 scoops of Whey, EAS Lean15 vanilla or chocolate

-2 cups of cashew milk

-2 scoops of PB2

-1 banana

-3-5 ice cubes(I do not like a lot of ice in it.)

Even if you are not a fan of bananas it rocks most folks minds. 

Archived