• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the modern Marvel Movies

Jeremy Igo

I swear to god, if you people don't stop with the "Ant-Man is a ripoff of Iron Man" crap, I'm going to lose it.

Hank Pym (aka Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, etc) was introduced over a year before Iron Man.

Sure, the movie release makes it seem like a knockoff....but if anything is a knock off, Iron Man is technically a ripoff of Ant-Man. But he's not even really. Hank Pym and the Starks don't have a great relationship...hence Ant-Man's role/side in Civil War.

Jesus people. If you're gonna nerd, nerd correctly.

I'm not referring to the comics. I'm referring to the films. Ant Man followed the exact same model that Iron Man did, and to claim otherwise is shortsighted. Cross was basically Stone 2.0 for christ's sake.

Largely because, with superhero stories (comics or movies), the villain has to be connected to the hero in some way. If the hero uses a serum to make them powerful, the villain also has a serum. If the hero is a god, the villain is also a god. If the hero utilizes a technology to fight, the villain will also.

I don't think while they were making it, they were even subconsciously thinking "we'll follow the Iron Man model". I think it's just how the hero/villain dichotomy has to work.

This is why, as much as I love Marvel, DC does a better job with villains and mixing things up.

They absolutely wasted Sir Ben Kingsley's talents. The trailers looked so good too. Shame on Marvel for obliterating The Mandarin. I expect that from Fox, not from Marvel Studios themselves.

Loki is thee only villain Marvel has hit a home run with outside Magneto. Ronan and Whiplash came close but alas...

Spader as Ultron was a great choice. Overall execution was above average, but Loki is still far and away the best villain. 

01. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
02. The Avengers
03. Iron-Man

04. Captain America: The First Avenger
05. Ant-Man
06. Iron-Man 3
07. Guardians of the Galaxy
08. Avengers: Age of Ultron
09. Thor

10. Thor: The Dark World
11. Iron-Man 2
12. The Incredible Hulk

The Mandarin looked like he was going to be an incredible villain.

And then...

FYI, the "real" Mandarin is still out there...The problem with casting him is that historically he's kind of a caricature and Marvel really wants their movies shown in China. They only accept about 20 per year and it's a big market.

FYI, the "real" Mandarin is still out there...The problem with casting him is that historically he's kind of a caricature and Marvel really wants their movies shown in China. They only accept about 20 per year and it's a big market.

Yeah, I saw the short.

Still pissed.

Archived