• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the modern Marvel Movies

Jeremy Igo

Guardians edges out Avengers IMO simply because it's the only one on this list that has the hero singing The Five Stairsteps to an Intergalactic Villian. 

To be fair I haven't seen Ant Man yet, but that's tough to beat. 

I don't know what it is, but the first Captain America sucked to me.  I would put Thor and Thor two close to the bottom.  With Captain America the first one being dead last.  I saw that poo buzzed and it still sucked to me.  

Cap was a better origin story than Thor. While it was weaker in the fact that the source material didn't really age well and came off kind of campy, the character development with Steve Rogers and agent Carter was done very very well. While Cap was very predictable, they set the character up well. 

Thor seemed pretty good to me at first glance, but the more I thought about it, the less I liked it. He completely 180'd his arrogant personality in the span of a few days? Come on son... It had it's moments but the entire film was kind of forgettable in my opinion and he looked like a cornball in that suit with the wig on. At least he grew his hair out for the other movies. 

Having said that, I misranked my original list and Thor 1 should be above Cap 1. Thor is the better movie with a better villain in Loki. 

1. Avenger

2. Winter Soldier

3. Guardian of the Galaxy

4. Iron Man 

5. Age of Ultron

6. Ant Man

7. Incredible Hulk

8. Thor

9. Iron Man 2

10. Thor 2

11. Captain America

12. Iron Man 3

The only reason Iron Man 3 is 12 is because that is all there is. If there were 20 films I feel sure it would be 20. Really didn't like that one at all. Big gap between it and the others in my opinion. 

Loki is thee only villain Marvel has hit a home run with outside Magneto. Ronan came close but alas...

Disagree. I liked both The Red Skull and The Winter Soldier. Tim Roth's Blonsky/Abomination was good too.

And while not MCU, Al Molina's Doctor Octopus was perfect.

I can't wait for the Deadpool movie to come out. I expect it will be #1 on many people's list once they see it.

So why are the x-men movies left out? I personally think they're pretty awesome .

Butttt I'm also an xmen nerd that grew up reading their comics and watching them on Saturday mornings. 

The problem with captain America for me was they missed a great opportunity for a gritty war movie and instead had lasers blasting all over the place and campy humor/costumes. I was hoping for saving Private Ryan meets marvel but it was no where even remotely close. I thought Thor was decent in terms of taking a hard story to transfer to the big screen and making it believable. I do think it was rushed though. Still much better than cap. Other than that I can't argue with much else. Avengers was the best, cap 2/gotg were neck and neck. I like guardians a little better because it was just so damn fun.

Archived