• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Martin Wallace ... step right up?

Jeremy Igo

someone show me factual evidence where we have missed the boat on a acceptably priced FA LT?

this evidence also needs to explain who where said money would come from.

Not reaching or overpaying a FA doesnt mean the organization isn't taking a position seriously.

Think he's talking about Collins.

And on that note, all 31 other teams didn't draft him even as late as the 7th round so clearly no team wanted to risk it. He chose the Cowboys over us; there are no indications that we didn't pursue him.

see i completely misread that and thought he was being sarcastic.  oh well.

the collins thing was just a very strange situation.  highly talented first round prospect who was going to wind up playing on a very cheap contract somewhere because every team would be coming at him with roughly similar offers.  one team was going to land him and surprise it wasn't us so that clearly means we didn't try and jerry richardson shut it down i guess.

Instead of paying Greg hardy out the rear end we could have maybe tried for some kind of OT last year I'm on vacation right now so names escape me but money was there we just wasted it

When we decided to pay Hardy I am sure it was with the thought of him playing the entire season.

I am not convinced an Anthony Collins type of FA acquisition would have resulted in more wins than an available Greg Hardy.

Archived