• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another trade is needed

panther4life

Now that all the final cuts are in its become obvious that just isnt really anyone out there whos capable of making a decent impact on our team at DT. With that being said I say we should just suck it up and see whats available in exchange for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Next year should be a year for us to make a splash in free agency instead of the draft with no first rounder and our 2nd round picks are historically anything to brag about anyway. Our cap room is obviously going to be in much better shape whether Peppers leaves or we sign him long term. While it sucks to mortgage the future our window is closing and since we were "all in" last year we may as well continue the trend for 1 more year.

Actually, that sounds like a really steep price. Anyone who could command that sort of trade value wouldn't fit under our cap without some serious contract manipulation.

ya i thought about that right after i made that post. Ya somebody would have to be willing to re-structure their contract.maybe gross would be willing to take less this year but get it right back next year?

Archived