• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun Smith (DT) released by the Lions...

CatMan72

Yeah, I think we need to sign this guy just on principle and take our chances with the whole headcase thing. Might help to have one of his former defensive line-mates here in Louis Leonard?

Either way, sign him and cross your fingers - we're in desperate enough need that it's a risk worth taking.

As I understand waivers, teams have to abide by the order of the previous year's finish. In that case we are one of the last teams...essentially at the end of the line. This means 20+ other teams have to pass these guys up in order to reach us in the waiver process.

I'm not sure that many players worth a flip will make it to us.

if so we have some headcases on the team already....cough cough steve smith

No dispute that we have some. You find a way to make it work if they bring elite talent AND you have a way of controlling the impact in the locker room. You don't take the chance for a marginal/mediocre talent.

They've got roster spots and need help at the DT position. The guy has an attitude but as others have said, he wouldn't be the first person on our team with one. Between Jon Beason calling out his teammates and Steve Smith assaulting them, the coaches might be able to handle the guy. Worst case we cut him and are back where we started.

Seriously, what are we going to do, go sign two more running backs to complete the roster? This move makes so much sense.

Archived