• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please stop

N1kkadeemuz

rrgggghhhhhh

the douche chill i get every time some goofball decides to be sarcastic on that level, like people are going to look at what he wrote and said, "PRIMO POST RIGHT THERE!!!"

If you're talking about the OP that's not sarcasm, if you're talking about the last one it was tottally sarcasm out of frustration.

Why do people spew random mess out as if they know the facts by heart?

I keep reading, "why did we keep hayden, he's too small", really? Did you even bother to check how big the man really is? I'm not a Hayden fanboy or anything but too say this guy is too small is really starting to piss me off. By the way the man slimmed down to be the body type that Meeks would like, he prepared for something that nobody expected or asked him to do. Hmm...

Check the damn facts.

Damoine Lewis ~ 6'2 301lbs

Marlon Favorite ~ 6'1 317lbs

Nick Hayden ~ 6'4 292 lbs

Louis Leonard ~ 6'4 325lbs

So he is the taller than Lewis and 9 lbs. lighter, OMG BECKY!! CUT LEWIS TOO!!!

That is all.

I agree you it's possible to put too much emphasis on measurables but this is a case where I think it's a real factor.

Hayden isn't that much lighter than the other DTs, but when you take into account his height, he's by far the least massive.

Weighing nine pounds less than Lewis while being two inches taller is probably the equivalent of being 25 pounds less if they were exactly the same height.

The other problem is his height. Being tall is generally a bad, not a good thing in a DT. The centers and guards can get under taller players and just drive them back.

Now if a 6-4 guy weights 330 or so, it might be a different story. But at 290, that player is going to lose a lot of battles at the line.

Why do people spew random mess out as if they know the facts by heart?

I keep reading, "why did we keep hayden, he's too small", really? Did you even bother to check how big the man really is? I'm not a Hayden fanboy or anything but too say this guy is too small is really starting to piss me off. By the way the man slimmed down to be the body type that Meeks would like, he prepared for something that nobody expected or asked him to do. Hmm...

Check the damn facts.

Damoine Lewis ~ 6'2 301lbs

Marlon Favorite ~ 6'1 317lbs

Nick Hayden ~ 6'4 292 lbs

Louis Leonard ~ 6'4 325lbs

So he is the taller than Lewis and 9 lbs. lighter, OMG BECKY!! CUT LEWIS TOO!!!

That is all.

Hi. You mean me. Sorry, I'd like for my team's DTs to be over 300 pounds, thanks. And there are no facts in an opinion. I'll gladly check the weight of every starting DT in the NFL to see how many are under 300 pounds but you're not worth the effort.

Steve Smith too small if you go by N F L standards

What I laugh at , Was not but 3 months ago when several wanted to get rid of Kemo .

No penatration too slow too fat

He gets hurt and they all change their tune L O L

No, too slow and fat was Kris Jenkins. He's the one everyone hated around here. Boy does he suck. :wink:

He's not small for a DT. Tommy Harris from the bears weighs about 290-300 lbs and he's one of the best DT's in the NFL. I remember the Colts had some small DT's that were around 270 lbs last season. I'm not sure if they are going to use the same undersized DT's since Meeks is no longer their d coordinator.

People ran through the Colts like they were butter.

If you're purpose is to stuff the run, you need to have some bulk on you you'd think. But hey, that's cool, I'm sure Hayden can take on the Brandon Jacobs of the world 24/7.

People ran through the Colts like they were butter.

If you're purpose is to stuff the run, you need to have some bulk on you you'd think. But hey, that's cool, I'm sure Hayden can take on the Brandon Jacobs of the world 24/7.

Lol ur right about that but that's mainly because Bob Sanders was injured. My pt is small DT's can be effective. The Bears DT's rely more on quickness, spd, and penetration. They were pretty successful in their SB run. In a Cover 2/Tampa 2 defense the DT's aren't known for their size.

Lol ur right about that but that's mainly because Bob Sanders was injured. My pt is small DT's can be effective. The Bears DT's rely more on quickness, spd, and penetration. They were pretty successful in their SB run. In a Cover 2/Tampa 2 defense the DT's aren't known for their size.

Well we get someone like Sanders and it's all good. As much as I love Chris Harris, he's no Bob. And our D is nothing like the Bears D of a few years ago.

The best way to run a cover-2 is with 2 massive DTs. One monster to stuff the run and act like an ancor for the d-line. The other monster for stiff run defense, and an outstanding pass rush. Think DTs Marcus Stroud and John Henderson, when the Jags defense scared even the Colts. Our ancor is gone, and our pass rusher, Lewis, blows. There's really nothing we can do about it this season, but next season I think it's time to go shopping for an elite pass rushing DT.

What is Fox going to do now that our DTs suck? Same thing we did when we had grandpa Bucker = Lewis, and pig farmer Carstens = Hayden. You fire zone blitz as much as you can get away with it and hope for the best. But I think fans will be pissed when we fire zone blitz, because if Peppers reads pass then he will fire forward and then drop back into zone coverage and take away the QBs hot read. And I know a lot of fans hate to see Peppers in pass defense. But omg when it works, you get a sac, or Peppers with the ball in his hands running the other way. Also, with fire-zone blitz, we can blitz Beason/Davis or Beason/Diggs to overload one side, with either Peppers or Brown doing a long cut and blasting though the A gap, depending on which LB combo we send. This will get major pressure, but in preseason ( I kid you not) when we blitzed, our LBs RAN INTO the backs of our defensive linemen. There were WIDE OPEN gaps for the LBs to blitz through and kill the QB. Instead, the LBs slowed down at the line, and literally started bumping into the backs of our defensive lineman. I think I'm thinking of the Miami game. It was so dumb I couldn't believe it. But if we fire-zone blitz properly, no question we will get major pressure on the QB. With the players we have now, I'm dying to see us fire-zone blitz.

The best way to run a cover-2 is with 2 massive DTs. One monster to stuff the run and act like an ancor for the d-line. The other monster for stiff run defense, and an outstanding pass rush. Think DTs Marcus Stroud and John Henderson, when the Jags defense scared even the Colts. Our ancor is gone, and our pass rusher, Lewis, blows. There's really nothing we can do about it this season, but next season I think it's time to go shopping for an elite pass rushing DT.

What is Fox going to do now that our DTs suck? Same thing we did when we had grandpa Bucker = Lewis, and pig farmer Carstens = Hayden. You fire zone blitz as much as you can get away with it and hope for the best. But I think fans will be pissed when we fire zone blitz, because if Peppers reads pass then he will fire forward and then drop back into zone coverage and take away the QBs hot read. And I know a lot of fans hate to see Peppers in pass defense. But omg when it works, you get a sac, or Peppers with the ball in his hands running the other way. Also, with fire-zone blitz, we can blitz Beason/Davis or Beason/Diggs to overload one side, with either Peppers or Brown doing a long cut and blasting though the A gap, depending on which LB combo we send. This will get major pressure, but in preseason ( I kid you not) when we blitzed, our LBs RAN INTO the backs of our defensive linemen. There were WIDE OPEN gaps for the LBs to blitz through and kill the QB. Instead, the LBs slowed down at the line, and literally started bumping into the backs of our defensive lineman. I think I'm thinking of the Miami game. It was so dumb I couldn't believe it. But if we fire-zone blitz properly, no question we will get major pressure on the QB. With the players we have now, I'm dying to see us fire-zone blitz.

No it is not. Big run stuffing DT's are not the best way to run a Cover 2. The Cover 2 is built on getting pressure on the QB from your front 4. You must get penetration and pressure from all 4 linemen. The DE pressure from the outside. The DT's must be able to get penetration and collapse the pocket from the middle.

Two run stuffing DT's control the point of attack, but usually let the QB have too much tim....thus, they will pick you apart.

Hi. You mean me. Sorry, I'd like for my team's DTs to be over 300 pounds, thanks. And there are no facts in an opinion. I'll gladly check the weight of every starting DT in the NFL to see how many are under 300 pounds but you're not worth the effort.

8 mfkn pounds

So go down to the Golden Corral and let go...

2nd year in NFL

If he turns out to be a tactitian and not a "fat ol' wall for lb's to hide behind" what's wrong with that. Give him time to develop.

Archived