• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is everyone pegging Zeller ahead of Frank?

MedellinHeel

Seems as though everyone thinks its a forgone conclusion Zeller will be starting next year at PF. 

I am sorry, but Zeller is not on Frank's level when it comes to offense. Would be a crying shame if Frank was not starting. 

Unless of course Zeller has substantially improved over the offseason, which I doubt. 

Don't want to rush Frank into a role he's not ready for. We did the same thing with Cody.

I'm perfectly fine with pick and pops featuring Lin and Kaminsky in the second unit. That suits both their strengths.

Alllllll of this.

Cody already has a chemistry with the first team. He understands his role and will force FK3 to work harder for a starting role.

I think that it will happen but in time. I have watched all these summer league games and one thing Frank needs to improve on is his strength to rebound in traffic. He has given up a ton of offensive rebounds.  If we have him and Big Al together a lot we will need to have MKG or Batum averaging double digit rebounds 

You play the best player period. 

Wrong. You play the best LINEUP. The whole is more than the sum of its parts. You have to be well rounded as a team and cannot leave gaping weaknesses without it being your total undoing. 

That at being said, none of us have even seen Frank play 1 second of REAL pro ball. I HAVE seen him be incredibly streaky in summer league. Let's put on the breaks a bit when it comes to anointing the guy this quickly.

O is always placed above D in the league. 

Look at Harden. Dude is about as bad as it gets on D. 

To me Zeller's D does not make up for the difference lost on O compared to Frank. 

Did you watch Harden play this year? Big improvement defensively. That's pretty much why the Rockets made it to western conference semis.

Archived