• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iphone contacts

shinner

Itunes doesn't backup contacts does it? Maybe I missed it?

EDIT: Just searched on the Apple website. Found this

The iPhone/iPod touch is capable of two-way syncing (with merge capabilities) when dealing with other content such as Contacts, Calendars, and Bookmarks. For example, iTunes will copy and modify contacts made on the iPhone/iPod touch and contact manager such as Yahoo! Address Book, Outlook Contacts, Outlook Express, Google Contacts, or the Mac Address Book.

That there is my problem...I don't use Yahoo! Address Book, Outlook Contacts, Outlook Express or Google Contacts. Outright refuse to use Micro$oft Outhouse products.

Maybe I'll look into that....I just hate the idea of keeping personal info backed up online. Don't trust it.

I see you can also do it with TouchCopy though that still requires Itunes to be installed. Was trying to get away from having to do that since I wanted to manage things from my laptop (Itunes is installed on my office desktop which I don't really use a lot compared to the laptop). Maybe I'll just install it on the office PC.

Archived