• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steph Curry Charlotte Hornet?

Jeremy Igo

Of course, looking at it after the fact, but they have a more amped up fanbase anyway IMO. I've watched them more than just their playoff run - I've had the privilege of attending two GS home games in the past. Those fans bring it.

CLT sold out every game, in the biggest arena in the league, for a decade to watch shitty teams play & even had parades for those same shitty teams. The Coliseum was the loudest arena in the league. TWC Arena was insane last fall for the Hornets comeback on opening night. CLT is in one of the biggest basketball hotbeds in the country and the fan base is here. Folks love the Hornets. It's a sleeping giant that just needs a little poking. Through a simple name change you could see it bubbling up and peeking out of the shadows. Between the Shinn trainweck, Bob Johnson circus, 7 win "rebuild" season, losing seasons, poor drafting & failed Hornets season last year folks are over it. Put a 65 W Hornets team led by Steph Curry playing in the Finals & TWC Arena would make Oracle look like a child's sand box. I've been to Oracle before, when the team sucked, as they mostly always have. Place was about as loud as a funeral home.

What year? I've been a season ticket holder for a long time through some really shitty teams and Oracle has always been loud. Couple small stretches in the late 90's and early 2000's was about as weak as it got, and even then the fans were pretty decent. 

Until the Hornets demonstrate the capability to contend for a playoff spot on a regular basis it is difficult to imagine any top tier talent subjecting themselves to what has to be an extremely aggravating situation in Charlotte for the players. 

Short of that occurring, the only way I envision any possibility of Steph playing here is just prior to his retirement.

Archived