• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steph Curry Charlotte Hornet?

Jeremy Igo

Have seen Steph Curry to the Charlotte Hornets many, many times in this forum. 

Do you really believe that will happen?

I mean, I would love it if it ever does happen, but I doubt it will. In general, the whole "hometown" talk means 100x more to fans than the players themselves. Players are out to make as much $$ they can in a short window of time in their life, and rightfully so. 

I say the chances of Steph Curry playing as a Hornet in Charlotte during his career is about 12%.

Have seen Steph Curry to the Charlotte Hornets many, many times in this forum. 

Do you really believe that will happen?

I mean, I would love it if it ever does happen, but I doubt it will. In general, the whole "hometown" talk means 100x more to fans than the players themselves. Players are out to make as much $$ they can in a short window of time in their life, and rightfully so. 

I say the chances of Steph Curry playing as a Hornet in Charlotte during his career is about 12%.

He will be rich no matter where he goes. I expect him to stay in GS not for the money, but for the best chance at continued success. He is in a great situation with a fantastic supporting cast, great coach, and an organization that has embraced his christian values.

All that being said, only he knows what he is thinking about come 2017.

He will be rich no matter where he goes. I expect him to stay in GS not for the money, but for the best chance at continued success. He is in a great situation with a fantastic supporting cast, great coach, and an organization that has embraced his christian values.

All that being said, only he knows what he is thinking about come 2017.

Good point about the quality of basketball there and the organization. Not sure the Hornets can claim such quality. But who knows, maybe Frank the Tank is the next superstar and 2017 Steph will want to feed him the ball.....

right?!?!?!?!?

Good point about the quality of basketball there and the organization. Not sure the Hornets can claim such quality. But who knows, maybe Frank the Tank is the next superstar and 2017 Steph will want to feed him the ball.....

right?!?!?!?!?

But didn't you hear? He was "rusty" during his first summer league practice.

#bust

#bust

LOL, I hadn't heard that. 

Anyone that talks like that doesn't know much about basketball. Everyone is rusty until they start getting lots of practice in again. Heck, they are rusty in preseason too. 

he is coming home (might not be this next FA group). 

he already won a title for GS so he can leave with no regrets. 

he grew up in Cha.

father played for Cha. 

family lives in Cha.

he is a hornets fan. 

big time panthers fan. 

really surprised ppl even think him not coming is a possibility. 

its not a matter of if. its a matter of when. 

It's certainly possible, but in all honesty, I'm not expecting it.

People are going to have to face the realization that in all likelihood, if we want our very own "Superstar", we're either going to have to draft him with the top pick (unlikely considering the way the rigged lottery draft system works). Or grossly overpay someone to come play here, and that's if they even want to come play for a bunch of fickle fans who talk about trading pretty much every single player after only one game.

he is coming home (might not be this next FA group). 

he already won a title for GS so he can leave with no regrets. 

he grew up in Cha.

father played for Cha. 

family lives in Cha.

he is a hornets fan. 

big time panthers fan. 

really surprised ppl even think him not coming is a possibility. 

its not a matter of if. its a matter of when. 

You are thinking as a fan, which is great thats what you are supposed to do.

This is not how players think.

I tend to believe the question is more when he rather than will he. Everyone hopes he comes here in '17. I would agree with Jeremy that it's probably around a 10% chance that happens. Worst case scenario is he signs the max with GS and comes to Charlotte later in his career. Either way we still have to find talent elsewhere. 

I could see Steph coming here in '17 for one reason; to bring his family home. Everybody knows Steph is a big family guy. His entire family is in Charlotte, and so is his wife's family. Now they're expecting another child and I could see he and his wife wanting to move back home to be with their families. Steph is an MVP & a Champion. It won't be for the money (GS can offer more but it's moot because of taxes), it won't be to win, it won't be to play for his home team, or any of those reasons. If he comes home it will be because he wants to raise his family here. I think he stays in GS, but there is a real chance he simply wants to bring his family back home.

#bust

I hated the pick more than anyone. When Ewing said that I thought "here we go again." But then I figured they're probably trying to test him by saying that. It seems like this organization has always kind of "coddled" their draft picks. Bismack in particular. Granted, I loved his energy, his defensive effort, etc. But year after year all we ever heard about him was how "it will take time." Same with MKG. "He's working really hard, yadda yadda." It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are taking a different approach with Frank and seemingly expecting more out of him than previous draft picks. Maybe it will toughen him up. Let's hope so anyway.

Archived