• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this too basic of an idea?

Jeremy Igo

Also far to many highschool and freshmen players are being drafted. These kids come into the league and for the most part are boring. They haven't faced adversity. They haven't matured in college. They never really got the experience of being on that kind of team, and it shows. I'd much rather pay to watch guys who crafted their game in college for a few years. 

Very true.

Which is why I'm trying to be optimistic about Frank Kaminsky.

We are back to building through trades. Our playoff run with Kemba and Al seems like forever ago and nba FAs think so too. Lance was supposed to be 'the guy' for us but that move set us back 2 years, ughhhhh. FAs wont come here unless they are 2nd or 3rd tier FAs looking for a team. Either we cross our fingers waiting for Steph, hope the ping pong balls fall in our favor or play above our talent level this year and make the playoffs and hope FAs see us as a team on the rise.

Looking at the East, can we make it in? Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington, Milwaukee, Toronto and Miami seem like locks. That leaves 1 more spot for Charlotte, Indiana, Boston and Detroit to fight over. Kemba, Batum, Mkg and Al will have to be at their best for us to make noise. Kaminsky has to provide a lift in his rookie year. Hawes and PJ have to be shooting above .350 from 3pt range.

Things won't change until they consistently make the playoffs. Greg Monroe got the same max deal from 4 teams but picked to live in Milwaukee because they were the most playoff ready. Do you think Gordon Hayward signs that contract last summer if we would've missed the playoffs in the brutal eastern conference.

I've said it as much as I can, but ESPECIALLY with this new underclassman combine thing they have going that doesn't affect eligibility in college, the NBA and NCAA need to move towards a football/baseball style rule. I'd say go right away or play 2 years. The only exception to the 2 year rule would be any underclassman voted in the top 3 for POY or who wins one of a select few end of year awards (MOP of the tourney, Cousey, etc.) could declare for the new COMBINE and IF they still hold up to real pro talent they are allowed to go into the draft. Those who just want money can go play in Europe or China, the HS studs and one and doners can find out immediately if they really have the right stuff and those who don't have to hone their craft in school just like the rest of society.

I feel like part of the move to force kids to go to college for a year was to prevent the high school busts from happening as much but all it has done is delay most of them a year and really push a LOT more college freshmen to leave. Its highly watered down the pro ranks as well as the college game and you are still getting relatively unchallenged and under experienced projects that you HOPE have the talent down the road. *coughVONLEHcough* None of it is helping either the NBA or NCAA and is wasting fan and teams money on players that bounce around and get pushed out of the league with no real production or value to show for it. This "me first", "instant gratification", "everyone gets a trophy", "I'm mommy's favorite" bullshit has to stop and lets get back to what made both these levels of this game GREAT.

Archived