• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this too basic of an idea?

Jeremy Igo

So if I stand back 1000 feet and look at the Hornets, they just have no identity. They won't have an identity until they have a certified NBA star on the team, either through draft ( MKG? Frank the Tank? ) or through free agency. 

Right now they are a group of role players with mediocre coaching. 

The Hornets need that one player who can give them an identity. That's what it all boils down to. 

Too simplistic?

So if I stand back 1000 feet and look at the Hornets, they just have no identity. They won't have an identity until they have a certified NBA star on the team, either through draft ( MKG? Frank the Tank? ) or through free agency. 

Right now they are a group of role players with mediocre coaching. 

The Hornets need that one player who can give them an identity. That's what it all boils down to. 

Too simplistic?

The problem is that player is currently on the Warriors so in the meantime they need to put something together that resembles a basketball team for him to take over. They can't say it because of tampering rules But it wouldn't surprise me if that's why this offseason looks completely rushed and short sighted at best.

Right now the only guy who at least looks the part is MKG. But he's limited offensively and his neverending motor causes him to miss a third of the season. His attitude is what you want out of a winning squad and that's why I think he's become the go-to player rep now that he's gone through speech therapy. 

The problem is that player is currently on the Warriors so in the meantime they need to put something together that resembles a basketball team for him to take over. They can't say it because of tampering rules But it wouldn't surprise me if that's why this offseason looks completely rushed and short sighted at best.

Right now the only guy who at least looks the part is MKG. But he's limited offensively and his neverending motor causes him to miss a third of the season. His attitude is what you want out of a winning squad and that's why I think he's become the go-to player rep now that he's gone through speech therapy. 

MKG is 21 years old. I have not given up hope at all on him. He is younger than Frank the Tank coming in. 

There just aren't enough to go around. There are far too many bottom feeding teams in the NBA these days.

Truthfully, we got absolutely jobbed with Anthony Davis.

It seems like in the 80s and 90s each team had one or two excellent players. Thats what made NBA Jamz so great. Who would be in NBA Jamz for Charlotte now? I can remember dominating with LJ and Alonzo. 

Time for contraction. The pool is diluted and the one and done's make it worse. Jordan simply has zero eye for talent and nobody in the organization has the balls to tell him

Ive been thinking this for a while now. Is Jordan really Jerry Jones?

It seems like in the 80s and 90s each team had one or two excellent players. Thats what made NBA Jamz so great. Who would be in NBA Jamz for Charlotte now? I can remember dominating with LJ and Alonzo. 

Yeah, this combined with the city losing the Hornets because of stupid poo is why I lost interest in the NBA for a long time.

The NBA has been trying to get back to those days for years now, but it just isn't happening.

Honestly one of the biggest reasons why is the way the draft is handled, the lottery is rigged horseshit, just call it what it really is.

Yeah, this combined with the city losing the Hornets because of stupid poo is why I lost interest in the NBA for a long time.

The NBA has been trying to get back to those days for years now, but it just isn't happening.

Honestly one of the biggest reasons why is the way the draft is handled, the lottery is rigged horseshit, just call it what it really is.

Also far to many highschool and freshmen players are being drafted. These kids come into the league and for the most part are boring. They haven't faced adversity. They haven't matured in college. They never really got the experience of being on that kind of team, and it shows. I'd much rather pay to watch guys who crafted their game in college for a few years. 

Archived