• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waka Waka - Fozzy

Jeremy Igo

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Whittaker-eager-to-build-on-2014/2ccd244c-a024-4474-b10a-ef87125ab1ba

It got to the point where it had to be asked – why is he always so jubilant?

"Because I am grateful for the opportunity to be here," Whittaker said. "Not everybody is where they want to be, and just last year at this point in time, I was at home."

Whittaker was waived by the Cleveland Browns in May of 2014 and was out of work until the Panthers signed him on the third day of training camp. It was the chance he needed, and he knows how rare those chances are for free agents looking to latch on as the start of the season nears.

"So I'm making sure I take advantage of every opportunity to be out here," Whittaker said.

Fozzy was without a team at this point last season. This guy has a great story and is the genuine nice guy that others pretended to be.  

"...I was at home."

I'm beginning to think there are quite a few Panther players that feel this way, especially with the talk about "family" & "belonging". Teams with players that feel this way, IMO, do better.  Everybody pulls together for the benefit of the team.

I do love me some Fozzy though! With a nickname like that, how can you not be happy? 

Archived