• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This just in - Thursday Night games aren't good for NFL teams..

Jeremy Igo

If they do a Thursday game it should be scheduled for teams after their bye weeks. That's the ONLY way it makes sense. 

This is the obvious solution. However, that would mean no Thursday night games until Week (since bye's start in week 4) and that's a month of lost revenue they won't abide. I like that there are games on Thursday nights but it does screw a team with that short week. I suppose they could change the bye week schedules too and maybe that would help...but who wants a bye week in week 2?

i love thursday night football. nothing happens on thursdays anyway, so you get to kick back and watch some out-of-region games that normally won't automatically air on your local networks. they may be marginally shittier than the NFL's games as a whole, but that's partly because the NFL is automatically gonna give the most obvious big games the SNF and MNF slots anyway. isolate that factor and TNF probably is about on par with the rest of the league's games.

i'd be bummed if they killed it.

I'm definitely opposed to getting rid of TNF games. Since they made it mandatory for every team to have at least 1 TNF game a year I'm now guaranteed an extra Panthers game on live TV. I don't get the benefit of getting to watch every Panthers game on my big screen every Sunday like 99% of you get too.

Not to mention it gives us an extra day of football who the hell would complain about that? While it does seem like teams get an extra day of rest have the advantage I feel like the league can begin to work around that so the bills aren't playing 29 of those games compared to the Bengals 12 that's the real issue and it's easily fixable imo. I would absolutely hate it if they got rid of TNF.

Given the Panthers prime time record, if we do away with everything but 1:00p and 4:00p games on Sunday I'd be just fine with that. 

Besides, prime time games just mean I'm paying that much more per game for my Sunday Ticket, which sucks ass. 

This is the obvious solution. However, that would mean no Thursday night games until Week (since bye's start in week 4) and that's a month of lost revenue they won't abide. I like that there are games on Thursday nights but it does screw a team with that short week. I suppose they could change the bye week schedules too and maybe that would help...but who wants a bye week in week 2?

Opening night could ALWAYS be a thursday though. So they could do that, skip out on 3 weeks, then start Thursday up again on week 4 or 5.

Puts a better product on the field and saves the players from the injuries that they're so concerned about /s

Archived