• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets select Frank Kaminsky

Jeremy Igo

He is not even projected to be a good NBA 3pt shooter. 

MEchanics are iffy and he was clank city all pre draft workouts. 

I watched him play enough that he will see plenty of close outs to attack.  the guy shot 41% last year from 3 and over 50 in NCAA tourney.  Kid improved in this area rapidly and is more of a game day shooter atm.  Plenty to see here to be more than confident.  Hes no MKG from beyond the arc.

Edit:  his mechanics look fine.  shot in the mid 60% from the FT line while at duke despite improving to the mid 70s over the last 10 games.

I watched him play enough that he will see plenty of close outs to attack.  the guy shot 41% last year from 3 and over 50 in NCAA tourney.  Kid improved in this area rapidly and is more of a game day shooter atm.  Plenty to see here to be more than confident.  Hes no MKG from beyond the arc.

Edit:  his mechanics look fine.  shot in the mid 60% from the FT line while at duke despite improving to the mid 70s over the last 10 games.

mid 70s is pretty bad. 

how many 3's did he take a dook? 

Winslow was a historically bad two point shooter.  Great three point shooter, but a large percentage of the threes he hit came from the left corner where he shot like 52% on attempts from there.  Think he'll end up a decent shooter.  But he's gonna be an elite slasher and impossible to stop in transition. He'll be good on D too.  Hate we passed up on him, but I think Frank will be good too

I hope that Frank works out for us, I am frustrated with the pick, but seeing as how I love the Hornets and won't love any other NBA team as much, I just hope for the best.  I hope he makes all the nay sayers eat their words even though I don't blame them for being upset.

mid 70s is pretty bad. 

how many 3's did he take a dook? 

mid 70 is not good but he displayed improvement.  Can't forget he was a college freshman just last year..  Kaminsky shoots in the mid 70s...

he took 110 3s last season.

Shooting may not be his calling card but he is definitely more than capable and is already showing measurable improvements.

Doesn't matter now.  We obviously liked Kaminsky better whether I or the majority of the fan base agree or not.  Winslow will be likely be giving us fits while at Miami tho.. 

mid 70 is not good but he displayed improvement.  Can't forget he was a college freshman just last year..  Kaminsky shoots in the mid 70s...

he took 110 3s last season.

Shooting may not be his calling card but he is definitely more than capable and is already showing measurable improvements.

Doesn't matter now.  We obviously liked Kaminsky better whether I or the majority of the fan base agree or not.  Winslow will be likely be giving us fits while at Miami tho.. 

MKG will drastically hinder Winslows slashing ability. 

Al won't be here after next year and neither will Marvin Williams. And for those who think Kaminsky is a poor man's Zeller, Zeller has taken two three-pointers in two seasons. Frank shot 41% from three last year. He's not as afraid to take a shot, he's a pick-and-roll type who can consistently hit from mid range. As far as bigs, we don't have that outside of Marvin and Hawes, and at least one of those won't be here in 2016

Archived