• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodell

rko396

Am I the only one that doesnt understand Roger's thinking on all this:

- he moves the pro bowl from the week after the super bowl, to the off-week prior to the big game. Not that this matters much, but it all but ensures no one on the 2 best teams will be able to play.

- Not only does he love the idea of a game over-seas but hes trying to include one more game in Germany. I understand him wanting to expand the league globally, but hes doing this at the cost of the fans here. Its tough enough being able to see only 8 games a year in your teams home stadium, but he wants to take one away and send it where football has failed before.

- He fails to debate numbers for team profit sharing and player revenue %, thus leading to the uncapped year next season. Great so say good bye to Jacksonville, since they we pretty much out the door last season. the LA Jag's just doesnt have a ring to it. An uncapped year being good for the sport? Oh yeah cuz there plenty of parody in the MLB. I mean, you do get a team like the Marlins once every TWENTY years. Hope yall like watching Pitts, New England, Dallas, NY Giants, Skins, and Raiders in the Super Bowl every year. We (along with the Colts, Chargers, Buccs, Bills, and many others) will become the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL. Season is over before it began due to large market teams having three times the money we do.

- First hinting at a lockout, then denining it. I dont believe there will be a lockout, but you cant hint at that in order to scare people into negotiating, then decline it all together when you get questioned.

_ Everything going on with the Texan's owner and the inside information scandal. Not wanting to meet with Troy Vinncent. Something isnt right.

Ive always been a fan of Goodell anding love his strict punishments for players (Pacman, Plax, ect) but he can single-handedly ruin the NFL next year with these things. With owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Synder controlling the market, there is no way in the world, a salary cap would be used again once it has been taking off. Meaning if theres no cap next year, we will never see one again

- he moves the pro bowl from the week after the super bowl, to the off-week prior to the big game. Not that this matters much, but it all but ensures no one on the 2 best teams will be able to play.

- Not only does he love the idea of a game over-seas but hes trying to include one more game in Germany. I understand him wanting to expand the league globally, but hes doing this at the cost of the fans here. Its tough enough being able to see only 8 games a year in your teams home stadium, but he wants to take one away and send it where football has failed before.

- He fail to debate numbers for team profit sharing and player revenue %, thus leading to the uncapped year next season. Great so say good bye to Jacksonville, since they we pretty much out the door last season. the LA Jag's just doesnt have it. An uncapped year being good for the sport? Oh yeah cuz there plenty of parody in the MLB. I mean, you do get a team like the Marlins once every TWENTY years. Hope yall like watching Pitts, New England, Dallas, NY Giants, Skins, and Raiders in the Super Bowl every year. We (along with the Colts, Chargers, Buccs, Bills, and many others) will become the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL. Season is over before it began due to large market teams having three times the money we do.

- First hinting at a lockout, then denining it. I dont believe there will be a lockout, but you cant hint at that in order to scare people into negotiating, then decline it all together when you get questioned.

_ Everything going on with the Texan's owner and the inside information scandal. Not wanting to meet with Troy Vinncent. Something isnt right.

Ive always been a fan of Goodell and love his strict punishments for players (Pacman, Plax, ect) but he can single-handedly ruin the NFL next year with these things. With owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Synder controller the market, there is no way in the world, a salary cap would be used again once it has been taking off. Meaning if theres no cap next year, we will never see one again

:rofl:

- He fails to debate numbers for team profit sharing and player revenue %, thus leading to the uncapped year next season. Great so say good bye to Jacksonville, since they we pretty much out the door last season. the LA Jag's just doesnt have a ring to it. An uncapped year being good for the sport? Oh yeah cuz there plenty of parody in the MLB. I mean, you do get a team like the Marlins once every TWENTY years. Hope yall like watching Pitts, New England, Dallas, NY Giants, Skins, and Raiders in the Super Bowl every year. We (along with the Colts, Chargers, Buccs, Bills, and many others) will become the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL. Season is over before it began due to large market teams having three times the money we do.

Ive always been a fan of Goodell anding love his strict punishments for players (Pacman, Plax, ect) but he can single-handedly ruin the NFL next year with these things. With owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Synder controlling the market, there is no way in the world, a salary cap would be used again once it has been taking off. Meaning if theres no cap next year, we will never see one again

So you are saying Pittsburg is a large market? http://www.tvb.org/rcentral/markettrack/us_hh_by_dma.asp

So you are saying Pittsburg is a large market? http://www.tvb.org/rcentral/markettrack/us_hh_by_dma.asp

Pitts is the defending SB champs, and looking great this year. You think free agents arent going to want to play for them? uh huh......:rolleyes: yes maybe over 20 years of no cap, Pitt will start to suffer, but as of right now and for the next couple years Pitt will be one of the hottest spots for free agents. Theres no place with more upside except maybe NE

You act like the NFL will stay uncapped forever....also, there are more stipulations into who becomes a free agent with no CBA in place. Also, teams are allowed to keep a franchise and transition player each year. It wont be the mad dash that many think it will. Peter King broke it down pretty well in the MMQB a few weeks ago. Going out and blowing your wad on a bunch of overpriced, aging superstars has never been a recipe for success in the NFL anyways. If anything this will help teams hold onto their core players longer.....if it were to ever go on for more than a year.

A few points to consider about an uncapped year

The top eight playoff finishers from the previous season would be allowed to sign free agents only at the rate at which they lose them.

• Players would need six NFL seasons to be eligible for free agency, rather than four.

• Each team would be allowed to restrict two eligible free agents with "franchise" or "transition" player tags, rather than one.

You act like the NFL will stay uncapped forever....also, there are more stipulations into who becomes a free agent with no CBA in place. Also, teams are allowed to keep a franchise and transition player each year. It wont be the mad dash that many think it will. Peter King broke it down pretty well in the MMQB a few weeks ago. Going out and blowing your wad on a bunch of overpriced, aging superstars has never been a recipe for success in the NFL anyways. If anything this will help teams hold onto their core players longer.....if it were to ever go on for more than a year.

A few points to consider about an uncapped year

The top eight playoff finishers from the previous season would be allowed to sign free agents only at the rate at which they lose them.

• Players would need six NFL seasons to be eligible for free agency, rather than four.

• Each team would be allowed to restrict two eligible free agents with "franchise" or "transition" player tags, rather than one.

first, yes it will be uncapped forever. You cant tell owners 15 years from now to "cut down" there contracts cuz theres gunna be a new salary cap put in place. Little known fact, ya can apply both of those tags now anyways. So thts no diff. No one uses the transition anymore but your more then welcome to do so if you choose. so that would mean the only difference is 6 seasons instead of 4. that is when top rookie contracts come up anyways. So like i stated before, in the next 3 years, there may be lil difference in the league minus a few good free agents (Willie Parker this year....ect) but after 10 or so years, the balance of power will shift, as it has in all other sports (and all companies in the economy). Thus stating everythign I said in the previous post

first, yes it will be uncapped forever. You cant tell owners 15 years from now to "cut down" there contracts cuz theres gunna be a new salary cap put in place. Little known fact, ya can apply both of those tags now anyways. So thts no diff. No one uses the transition anymore but your more then welcome to do so if you choose. so that would mean the only difference is 6 seasons instead of 4. that is when top rookie contracts come up anyways. So like i stated before, in the next 3 years, there may be lil difference in the league minus a few good free agents (Willie Parker this year....ect) but after 10 or so years, the balance of power will shift, as it has in all other sports (and all companies in the economy). Thus stating everythign I said in the previous post

"Forever" is a bold statement. When I was your age I thought the Colts would be in Baltimore....forever.

Ummmmm, no. You can only designate 1 franchise or 1 trans. player per season right now. Also, the ability for the playoff teams to only be able to sign free agents as they lose them is a big deal. Also, I think that not having a cap would benefit the Panthers more than hurt them. Its not like we are struggling to make money or fill the stadium.

Ummmmm, no. You can only designate 1 franchise or 1 trans. player per season right now. Also, the ability for the playoff teams to only be able to sign free agents as they lose them is a big deal. Also, I think that not having a cap would benefit the Panthers more than hurt them. Its not like we are struggling to make money or fill the stadium.

1. Only pick up players as u release them? Ok so Dallas cuts Tashard Choice and picks up Willie Parker. Cuts Brad Johnson then picks up Jason Campbell to back up Romo if he struggles. Ill say this one last time, year 1 isnt gunna be much different. year 5, 6, 7... balance of power shifted.

2. No we dont have a problem making money in general, but compair us to Dallas and Wash. So when it comes to a bidding war for Mario Williams in a few years or Boldin, they have much MORE then we do. So only way to get some players here would be to significantly over pay them. Then where is all our money gunna be? in few players "Pepper" like contracts. Of course we make good money. Its just a shame big markets make that much more then we do

1. Only pick up players as u release them? Ok so Dallas cuts Tashard Choice and picks up Willie Parker. Cuts Brad Johnson then picks up Jason Campbell to back up Romo if he struggles. Ill say this one last time, year 1 isnt gunna be much different. year 5, 6, 7... balance of power shifted.

2. No we dont have a problem making money in general, but compair us to Dallas and Wash. So when it comes to a bidding war for Mario Williams in a few years or Boldin, they have much MORE then we do. So only way to get some players here would be to significantly over pay them. Then where is all our money gunna be? in few players "Pepper" like contracts. Of course we make good money. Its just a shame big markets make that much more then we do

No, as in when someone signs a free agent away from you, you can sign a free agent.

Archived