• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bulletproof Coffee

Jeremy Igo

Most supplements are bull crap and a waste of money. There isn't any evidence that coconut oil or MCT oil do anything except add more fat to your diet (coconut oil has more saturated fat then just about any other oil). Want to lose weight, then put down the chips and get off the ass and move.

I'm a fan of his work. Love the podcast. Not a blind "do whatever he does" fan of everything he says/does/endorses but he certainly seems to think most things through and comes from a pretty solid, logical perspective.

He's gullible at best, a scammer at worst. The guy behind Onnit is a scam artist who was famous for flooding the internet with fake reviews for Fleshlight when he worked for them. Gets Joe involved with his 'big dick pills' and floods Joe's website with fake reviewers for Onnit products, and Joe is perfectly ok with it.

It took them 2.5 years to publish the results of their product testing, only for it to turn out they only tested 17 people, showed no statistical improvement from their pills, but they tried to play off deviations within the margin of error as vast improvements.

If you spend money on anything Joe Rogan tells you to (besides UFC shows if you enjoy that) then you're an utter fool. He did think things through and come to a solid, logical perspective, and that perspective was "boy my fans are idiot stoner bros, I'll let my weasel friend sell alpha nail polish an brain pills to them."

He's gullible at best, a scammer at worst. The guy behind Onnit is a scam artist who was famous for flooding the internet with fake reviews for Fleshlight when he worked for them. Gets Joe involved with his 'big dick pills' and floods Joe's website with fake reviewers for Onnit products, and Joe is perfectly ok with it.

It took them 2.5 years to publish the results of their product testing, only for it to turn out they only tested 17 people, showed no statistical improvement from their pills, but they tried to play off deviations within the margin of error as vast improvements.

If you spend money on anything Joe Rogan tells you to (besides UFC shows if you enjoy that) then you're an utter fool. He did think things through and come to a solid, logical perspective, and that perspective was "boy my fans are idiot stoner bros, I'll let my weasel friend sell alpha nail polish an brain pills to them."

Strangely I don't agree with everything you said. Instead of dragging this into a debate about Joe or the product, I'll simply say that he's selling supplements. Supplements basically work if you are deficient in something. So it works for some people and not for others. Depends on your diet and lifestyle. I certainly wouldn't claim that it works 100% for me but I do know that parts of it work (I'm obviously lacking something in my diet for those aspects to be noticed).

I don't really care if you think I'm an utter fool for buying the product. I've done research on the ingredients and the levels. I'm comfortable with taking that supplement. It's not like it's a sugar pill. But by all means, feel free to hate on him, the products or anything else you like. It's a free country.

Strangely I don't agree with everything you said. Instead of dragging this into a debate about Joe or the product, I'll simply say that he's selling supplements. Supplements basically work if you are deficient in something. So it works for some people and not for others. Depends on your diet and lifestyle. I certainly wouldn't claim that it works 100% for me but I do know that parts of it work (I'm obviously lacking something in my diet for those aspects to be noticed).

I don't really care if you think I'm an utter fool for buying the product. I've done research on the ingredients and the levels. I'm comfortable with taking that supplement. It's not like it's a sugar pill. But by all means, feel free to hate on him, the products or anything else you like. It's a free country.

I don't buy that you've done research, or if you did you went into it looking for justification for your purchases and used confirmation bias. There's not enough science for most things Onnit sells, especially not to justify their inflated price tags.

'The Chinese track team was really good and people thought they were doping, but they passed the tests. Must have been cordyceps I bet! Buy our cordyceps!' lmfao Onnit is a fuging joke.

I don't buy that you've done research, or if you did you went into it looking for justification for your purchases and used confirmation bias. There's not enough science for most things Onnit sells, especially not to justify their inflated price tags.

'The Chinese track team was really good and people thought they were doping, but they passed the tests. Must have been cordyceps I bet! Buy our cordyceps!' lmfao Onnit is a fuging joke.

I didn't do research on Alpha Brain. I've done research over many years on the ingredients in the Total Primate Care. Most of it is extracted from plants and stuff you would find in many different supplements. That stuff, in my research anyways, is good for you. It can be debated on the dosages and the effect but it's good for you. As with most supplements though, they mostly have an effect when you are deficient. I've been taking it for like 3 months now and have noticeable differences that can only be attributed to the supplement because I haven't changed my diet.

But you're right. Confirmation bias is real and could affect any of my decisions. So you may have me there. But that could be true about a lot of things I buy or hell, decisions I make. I've never bought any of their other products so you could be right. I have no idea.

Archived