• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bulletproof Coffee

Jeremy Igo

There is an actual benefit, being that the fat slows down the metabolizing of the caffeine, making it have more prolonged effects rather than a high and crash. That's just about the only non-hocus pocus effect I've been able to find of this, and the same thing could of course be accomplished by eating a slice of cheese or some other fat. I put a spoon of coconut oil in my oatmeal in the morning, same thing.

The rest of it is just marketing and buzzwords.

There is an actual benefit, being that the fat slows down the metabolizing of the caffeine, making it have more prolonged effects rather than a high and crash. That's just about the only non-hocus pocus effect I've been able to find of this, and the same thing could of course be accomplished by eating a slice of cheese or some other fat. I put a spoon of coconut oil in my oatmeal in the morning, same thing.

The rest of it is just marketing and buzzwords.

Dave Asprey (Founder of Bulletproof Coffee) is also a mega shill. There's multiple podcasts of him going off on woo woo rants n' such. It's hard to talk for 3 hours, and keep to together when you're full of poo. 

Instead of suppressing your appetitte, why not satisfy it with good foods like lean meat and raw fruit and veggies? There are also alot of foods that help burn fat, like broccoli. Eat good and you can eat as much as you like. 

I would try to find some actual farm made or small local brand at a farmers market. Do they have that around here? I was travelling out of country and at shops they would sell generic little tubs of local made butter with just a little sticker for the particular farm. It was great. kerry gold is pretty good in Ireland but I bet we fug it up here.

I was waiting for the JRP reference!

I'm a fan of his work. Love the podcast. Not a blind "do whatever he does" fan of everything he says/does/endorses but he certainly seems to think most things through and comes from a pretty solid, logical perspective.

Archived